Why become a member? ×

RIP Rick Anderson of The Tubes

WalMan

We always go to at least one show when they are over and I was hoping that they would get some smaller shows in when they were over supporting Hollywood Vampires in July.

We used to end the set with WPOD some years back because we all loved The Tubes. Because of the influence there was a while when it started with a cop show medley, and we always ended it with a bit of Love's A Mystery that's repeated at the end of Telecide. Confused the hell out of the crowd to start with but I have a couple of live tapes where it went an absolute storm. 

Like I say they were a huge influence on my bandmates stage shows before that and we often worked up 'overture' medleys just because of that.

Rick locked in with Prairie Prince and covering all the different styles in the set 

Edited by WalMan
  • Like 1

Another big fan here. I saw them live in the 80's. What an immense band they were and thoroughly unique.  Still got about 5 of their CD's  ...Tubes, Young n Rich, Now, Remote Control and Completion Backward Principle.  Young and Rich is the masterpiece IMO

Anderson had the longest hair i'd ever seen on a muso.

Very sad indeed.

The_Tubes_1977.webp.29dc3dcdb9d3a45863a9a82d33a5f39e.webp

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rushbo said:

As a big fan of The Tubes, I was saddened to learn that Rick Anderson passed away on December 16th.

He was a great player - solid, supportive and flashy only when he needed to be.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-tubes-rick-anderson-dead/

Yeah, he nailed some excellent bass lines. One less White Punk On Dope :(

Like someone else said,solid but very interesting player who could throw in some pretty dam technical phases/fills when he wanted to. Always thought of them as “ prog punk” for want of a better term. I’m pretty sure he was playing a modulus graphite both times I saw them.The prairie prince wasn’t too shabby either! Amazing stuff indeed! X

• Like 1