Why become a member? ×

2012 Fender FSR Hand Stained Precision Bass USA - *SOLD*
£900
Morpeth Northumberland.

Si-Fi

BASS NOW SOLD!!!!!!

So after deciding not to sell this bass a year ago and "thinning" things out a bit, I've only gone and bought another bass.

So this one really does need a new home.

It's had minimal use. I'd like to think that is reflected in it's condition which barring a very small ding (pictured) that it came with is excellent.

The finish is stunning, recent setup and it plays a dream and sounds superb. It comes with SKB Fender hard case.

I'm based in Northumberland, I've looked into couriers and at the moment it is chaos so it's either collection or I'm happy to travel/meet within reason for extra fuel cost. 

Unfortunately I don't have any scales to weigh the bass, If I can find some I will do that.

I'm not looking for trades.

I'll leave a little bit of spec.

Cheers. Simon.

Precision Bass Ash body

Hand-rubbed stain/satin lacquer top coat finish

Modern "C" shape maple neck with rosewood fingerboard

20 Medium jumbo frets

Satin finish on back, gloss finish on front

Posiflex graphite neck support rods

S/S pickup configuration

American Standard Precision Bass single split coil pickup

Master Volume and Master Tone controls

Chrome hardware

HMV, High Mass Vintage bridge (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)

Nut width 41/42 mm. (41.3)?

Edited by Si-Fi
Need to change thumbnail to a better one as not clear.
  • Like 25

I had a maple necked one of these a few years ago. The only Fender I’ve ‘bonded’ with. Stupidly sold it - defo’s sellers remorse 🤦🏼‍♂️. Not in the market right now, but GLWTS - shouldn’t be around long. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my word.

Was toying with the idea of picking up  Precision and thought I might come across a Mexican bargain a few pages in. And now this... I don't think I was even aware of this model before. 

I think my other half is planning a family holiday to Northumberland later in the year - am going to cross fingers you sell before then or else I'm going to have to have some very uncomfortable conversations 😅 

Guest Gabriel1918

Beautiful bass, great pickups (Fender Custom Shop?) and a bargain price.

Edited by Gabriel1918

On 15/01/2023 at 15:58, Gabriel1918 said:

Beautiful bass, great pickups (Fender Custom Shop?) and a bargain price.

Lovely lovely bass but not Custom Shop pups. These were a final FSR to run the previous model out before changing to the Custom Shop pups 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Dankology said:

I'll be in your neck of the woods around the middle of the w/c 20th Feb - might you be around?

Hi, yup, I should be around then. You welcome to give it a test drive. 

• Thanks 1

• Si-Fi changed the title to 2012 Fender FSR Hand Stained Precision Bass USA
21 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Oooh I do keep coming back to this. There’s absolutely no reason for me to buy another bass, but this one has me under its spell😵💫😵💫😵💫. Beautiful.

I did that last week. I had no reason to buy another but saw a Player Series, I didn't need 5 basses, thought sell this one and go down to 4 then hey presto, still got this one plus another! Plus the upright. The old "oh you can never have to many basses" thing. Like.... Yeh, I know.

• Haha 1

• Si-Fi changed the title to !!!SOLD!!! 2012 Fender FSR Hand Stained Precision Bass USA