Why become a member? ×

For sale. Jack Casady Epiphone bass - *SOLD*
£500
Wells, Somerset

basstone

Epiphone Jack Casady bass in metalic gold, this is an early one from early 2000s. It's not seen much use so generally in great condition, just a couple of small dings on the top. Comes with the Epiphone fitted case and the "E" badge for the scratchplate is also there but not fitted. These are great looking and sounding basses with the low impedance pickup and matching transformer to give 3 distinct sounds.  It's probably a long shot but I'd be open to a trade for an Ibanez SRF 700 / 705?

IMG_7465.thumb.jpg.e0325fb80010ab83e2369b1cb474377b.jpg

IMG_7466.thumb.jpg.d90cd3224799f2db9ebc2e2b2aeff7af.jpg

IMG_7467.thumb.jpg.42fb4b4dbd7be504d2aa29ee4cf6b5f6.jpg

Edited by basstone
Bass now sold to a happy new owner
  • Like 11

Fair enough. I'm a bit OCD so spotted it immedaitely. I wonder if it has any influence on the actual sound - no idea how the coil is structured to answer that! I''m assuming it can be easily flipped back if wanted/needed anyway. I really love these basses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJPJ said:

Fair enough. I'm a bit OCD so spotted it immedaitely. I wonder if it has any influence on the actual sound.

It will as it happens - check out post #29 here. The pickup is asymmetrical, but a very easy job to flip it as you said.

Sorry to hijack :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ahpook said:

It will as it happens - check out post #29 here. The pickup is asymmetrical, but a very easy job to flip it as you said.

Sorry to hijack :)

All interesting, my bass came as you see it now. I can't detect any string tone or volume variations between strings. It is a fairly unique bass with a distinct range of sounds.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 15:03, basstone said:

All interesting, my bass came as you see it now. I can't detect any string tone or volume variations between strings. It is a fairly unique bass with a distinct range of sounds.

They are indeed wonderful basses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Great basses, presumably this will be one of those made by Peerless in Korea? The quality of their instruments is superb, my JC is one sold under their own name. 

0A6B2682-FFB5-492D-98E5-F6787A1CA3C5.jpeg

It does not say where it was made. It is probably late 90s early 00s. It is very well made though 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2022 at 23:09, basstone said:

It does not say where it was made. It is probably late 90s early 00s. It is very well made though 

I have one of these, love it lots and it's a keeper. As the label says from the Peerless factory. If I recall correctly they kept making them under their own nail after the production moved elsewhere so a bit later than you suspect? The build is superb and it comes with lighter tuners and a smaller headstock. I upgraded the bridge on mine

Jack Cassidys are great basses, it will handle any genre of music from country to metal. GLWTS  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • basstone changed the title to For sale. Jack Casady Epiphone bass *SOLD*