Why become a member? ×

Music man Sub series

Georgesimooon

2 hours ago, Harlequin74 said:

Check out the review by Bass Lobster, who also did a fab upgrade ( which i will be copying) with EMG pickups and eq. 

i like mine alot, its fun to play , but its nowhere near a USA Stingray, its a completely different bass. For a start a 38mm neck width, which i prefer personally. The stock EQ is pretty rubbish, but you actually do get what you pay for, lol, and i bought mine as a mod platform. 

This thread refers to the original USA made SUBs, made from 2003-2006. A different kettle of fish to the 'Sterling by Musicman' range of SUBs. (I think).

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

What's a good price?

In my opinion - under £700. They used to go for well under £500 but EVERYTHING is more expensive than it was. Rising prices of new gear definitely push up 2nd hand, e.g new USA Stingrays used to be about £1500 new circa 2016, now it's at least £2000 (with 2nd hand going from about £900 to £1200+)

I was playing Ebay roulette late one evening and accidentaly won a 5 stringer. The rubber finish was not for me so I had it stripped and painted with some chamfering and a tummy cut in the process. Lush it is. I like the 'ray teardrop plate but with the amount of strings I like. 

• Like 1