Why become a member? ×

NBD!! Finally acquired my dream bass

Chadu25

What a surreal moment. 19 years ago I remember watching a DVD of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones where I first saw Victor Wooten play his version of Amazing Grace. He was my first bass hero and he played this unique shaped bass that I fell in love with.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think of holding one, and now I finally got the chance to own this brilliant Fodera Monarch 4 Standard ❤️ What a marvelous piece of art and a beautiful sounding instrument. 

IMG_20221126_211934_959.jpg

IMG20221127205957-01.jpeg

IMG_20221126_211935_157.jpg

IMG_20221127_143600-01.jpeg

• Like 43

2 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Happy for you... You shouldn't be looking at it... Now put it away it's not Christmas yet!

I put it back to the hardcase again, I want something to open for Christmas lol Thinking of assembling a compact nano board for this :D

2 hours ago, Chadu25 said:

Thanks mate! Time to wrap it up so I can open something on boxing day :D

Im getting an alma compressor "from" my wife.

Its in hand but i cant open it until xmas!

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peteb said:

I know that they have their haters, but I reckon that a Fodera very similar to yours is the best bass that I have ever played...! 

Indeed! Don't really know what they hate about it, to each his own I guess. I'm just happy with my new bass and no regrets :). I've owned a couple of basses in my journey: Fender jazz(mexico, japan), Squier, Yamaha. I can say this is the one for me. Hopefully no more new basses lol Planning to build a nano board for this one. Probably a nice compressor, an octaver and drive pedal.

• Like 1

Nice bass for sure.

And while you're talking about it, a friend of mine was in the same position as you until he found his dream bass too a few years ago, and being a Victor Wooten fan, he just recorded (in fact he's been asked to do so) this a few days ago:

Sorry for derailing your thread a bit, but it's still a Fodera Monarch...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Nice bass for sure.

And while you're talking about it, a friend of mine was in the same position as you until he found his dream bass too a few years ago, and being a Victor Wooten fan, he just recorded (in fact he's been asked to do so) this a few days ago:

Sorry for derailing your thread a bit, but it's still a Fodera Monarch...

He's my virtual friend John Oz! Amazing guy!

• Like 1