Why become a member? ×

Tablet & Remote advice

Mike Bungo

Hi Everyone

I'm getting old and have been using an A4 binder with all of our song notes on a music stand (Not cool I know) to use whilst playing

I'm thinking of getting a tablet that I can add all of my stuff to (In set list order) which I can then attach to my mic stand. I'm also in need of a foot controller

so that I can flick back and forth whilst playing....... Any thoughts, advice or recommendations?

Thanks in advance Mike

Hey Mike, I vaguely remember a couple of similar threads on this very subject. If you have a quick search something should come up. 👍

In the meantime.....I'm using SetListHelper Website which you can get for either Android (Google Play Android version) or Apple (you didn't mention which you were looking for). I'm using the free version and you don't need an account. You can store songs on it in a variety of formats. I use .pdf so if SetListHelper stops working / updating software etc I still have readable copies of the tracks. You store each track individually and then include them in set lists as required. I have a number of setlists depending on the gig / band  I'm playing with.

Hardware wise I'm using an old Samsung 10" screen tab which is held on my mic stand by an iKlip Holder which is pretty robust and flexible in its orientation. I dont use a foot controller so cant comment on them sorry. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Acebassmusic said:

Hey Mike, I vaguely remember a couple of similar threads on this very subject. If you have a quick search something should come up. 👍

In the meantime.....I'm using SetListHelper Website which you can get for either Android (Google Play Android version) or Apple (you didn't mention which you were looking for). I'm using the free version and you don't need an account. You can store songs on it in a variety of formats. I use .pdf so if SetListHelper stops working / updating software etc I still have readable copies of the tracks. You store each track individually and then include them in set lists as required. I have a number of setlists depending on the gig / band  I'm playing with.

Hardware wise I'm using an old Samsung 10" screen tab which is held on my mic stand by an iKlip Holder which is pretty robust and flexible in its orientation. I dont use a foot controller so cant comment on them sorry. Hope this helps.

Thank you :)

• Like 1

For a while I used an Airturn Ped Pro as a blue tooth page turner/scroller combined with an Android tablet - easy enough to pair.  The app I use for the set list is SetList Maker but there are loads of these types of thigns.

• Like 1

Android + Pageflip + Mobile Sheets Pro.

The price of the MSP is very feasible for its functionality. The basic or the next version of the Pageflip with two switches is enough. Screen size is up to you.

Additional app is for scanning of the new paper scores. Importing new ones is then quick and easy.

I think I have maybe 2000 - 3000 scores now, no need to carry papers any more.

Edited by itu