Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Musician Fretless - SOLD, pending the usual!

sshorepunk

I bought this a few months back from Rumour 6, wanted a fretless to get me back into fretless playing and it worked!

I play a lot of 5 string and now have a 5 string fretless, so now this is back up for sale.

I'm at work at the monent, so can't be 100%, but I think it is a 1979 model

It has seen a lot of use, has plenty of marks, but is still a great playable bass. I was considering refinishing it, but the need for a 5 took priotiy

I'll find the origanil post later as it has more detail on it

[b]SOLD, pending the usual![/b]

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

Yeah, thanks for finding that link, I posted this just as I was leaving work, I just got in and got a fair few PM's already

I'm in Manchester BTW, for those who asked!

[attachment=24188:front.jpg]

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

When the 80's become ironic, I wouldn't be surprised if a bass player in an up and coming pop band is seen playing one of these instruments and waxes lyrical about them. If that happens, then you can be sure the used values will shoot through the roof! Ibanez wouldn't have marketed such an outrageously priced reissue if there wasn't something to the originals

Someone buy this bass before I beat you all to the punch.

It is a good price, but I didn't have any intention of profiting off this, it has served it's purpose for me!

I did get asked about the issue of it's playabilty after the comment in the first thread about a buzz on the 3rd fret on E string, in my opinion this is fine, didn't really notice it, the bass is perfectly playable, also, I've heard far noisier pots!

But all this is irrelevant as it is now [b]sold pending the usual[/b]

I did this on a first to say "YES" basis, snooze ya loose I guess!!

Tony

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='468769' date='Apr 21 2009, 04:54 PM']When the 80's become ironic, I wouldn't be surprised if a bass player in an up and coming pop band is seen playing one of these instruments and waxes lyrical about them. If that happens, then you can be sure the used values will shoot through the roof! Ibanez wouldn't have marketed such an outrageously priced reissue if there wasn't something to the originals

Someone buy this bass before I beat you all to the punch.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Seem to remember Mr Sting had one of these cant remember if it was fretted or fretless?....

I used to have a fretted one of these. Lovely bass but I could never get used to the length of the neck. Its very long and I am used to the short stubby Fender length necks.

Sting did indeed have one of these as did Adam Clayton.