Why become a member? ×

Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£370
Morecambe

lee650

Due to recent wrist issues, I bought this amazing Sire U5 in Mint Green, however try as i might I can't get on with the short scale,and smaller frets. 

Its a fantastic sounding and well built little bass It has the deep bass that  shortscales are known for, but the maple board and 70s position back pickup give it a lot of bite ( reminds me of a 70s jazz). Its a Gen2 Sire so has the new Marcus Revolution pickups and the lovely rolled fingerboard edges, making it very comfy to play.

I bought this brand new from Andertons,a bit under 3 months ago.

I've literally had this out for half a dozen rehearsals (no gigs) so it's immaculate, just a couple of tiny dings in the top of the Headstock, which was there when I bought it, and a couple of tiny dings in the neck, which you can't see, but can feel when you run your finger over it.

I've also fitted a brand new set of Tomastik flatwounds to it, No case as It didn't come with one. 

I'd be looking for £320 including uninsured postage.

I am looking at getting a Sire V7 4 or 5 string jazz (preferably Gen2) so would  entertain trades/part trades for one of those,or maybe a Squire CV P bass 😁

20221104_114643.jpg

20221104_114450.jpg

20221104_114500.jpg

20221104_114701.jpg

20221104_114814.jpg

20221104_114737.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 7

Just to answer some questions, that have come my way.

I've got this at 5.74lbs, very light.

I don't find it has any neckdive. I'm aware some online reviews suggest it does,but I've found a few conflicting opinions,it's fine as far as I'm concerned. Neck is a very comfy C shape, with small 20 frets, and Rounded edges.

It has a very slight bevelling to the forearm,its subtle probably as it has a carved top. No contouring on the back it's slab.

20221106_190954.jpg

20221106_192529.jpg

20221106_190904.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, grenadillabama said:

That bass is hard to find in the US. I have been waiting for months for Sweetwater Music or Chicago Music Exchange to get some in stock. The demos I've heard had a nice treble "edge" with both pickups on ; better than my Mustang PJ has. 

Pitbull Music has them now ! 

On 09/11/2022 at 13:57, grenadillabama said:

That bass is hard to find in the US. I have been waiting for months for Sweetwater Music or Chicago Music Exchange to get some in stock. The demos I've heard had a nice treble "edge" with both pickups on ; better than my Mustang PJ has. 

Not available in a lot of UK stores too😊

Yes with both pickups, it has a lot of bite to the sound, much like a 70s jazz. I initially fitted this with Dunlop Superbrights, and they were very bright, the Tomastiks balance it out nicely.

Before buying this, I'd tried a Vintera Mustang (PJ) And a Stingray shortscale. This bass was better made and sounded better, at half the cost.

Edited by lee650

• lee650 changed the title to Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - Price Drop
  • lee650 changed the title to Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - Price Drop -£3500
  • lee650 changed the title to Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - Price Drop -£350
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • lee650 changed the title to Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - Final Price Drop -£320
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DynamicK said:

Hey Lee, Still available? Do you have packaging to ensure no damage in transit?

Hi There

Lots of industrial bubble wrap and cardboard.

please DM with any questions 😁

Edited by lee650

• lee650 changed the title to Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - ON HOLD
  • lee650 changed the title to Sire U5 short Scale Mint Green - SOLD