Why become a member? ×

Should I break it up?

Pete the feet

18 hours ago, Pete the feet said:

My brother has asked me to sell his 69/70 Precision. It has been stripped of its sunburst back in the 70's and played very hard. It looks like stinky poo, but is still a beautiful thing. I used it for a couple of years as pro in the late 70's and he did the same in the 80's. He "gave" it to me recently, reckons it just a bit of wood etc., etc. Should I sell it complete, break it up (necks are selling/being listed for silly money) or hang on to it, look at it from time to time or what?  

Don't break it up, it needs to be left as a bass no matter what you do with it. Play it and love it or sell as a whole bass. Plenty of people, me included would be interested and keep it as a bass, just needs some tlc

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2022 at 16:30, walshy said:

Don't break it up, it needs to be left as a bass no matter what you do with it. Play it and love it or sell as a whole bass. Plenty of people, me included would be interested and keep it as a bass, just needs some tlc

What he said 👆

a couple of years ago I was after a old p bass. My dream was to find a old played to death one with a few mods. My basis was you didn’t play something loads that didn’t sound good, and mods would probably be made in good faith, are often reversable and would lower the price a chunk. 
I found that bass - the guy changed his mind and kept it

but there weren’t many about in player condition. I ended up getting a modern reproduction 

• Like 1