Why become a member? ×

NBD - Jack Casady

Andy_L

39 minutes ago, Andy_L said:

If I mentioned that it's 3.6kgs?  :)

There seems to be a long wait on Pelham Blue 

I used to have a gold one and really liked it, sounded really great with flats. I can't see for sure from the pic, but it looks like you have flats on yours too?

If I picked another one up I think it'd have to be PB, even if there is a long wait.

42 minutes ago, neepheid said:

DO IT

;)

It's very tempting.......although I'm also GASsing for a Thunderbird and Vintera P at the mo too, so it has some competition. Plus, it's my 40th in the new year, so I may put it off until then!

50 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I used to have a gold one and really liked it, sounded really great with flats. I can't see for sure from the pic, but it looks like you have flats on yours too?

Yep, nice set of old flats on it now, though it was supplied with rounds

I love mine. One of my favourite basses for sure. And much more versatile than people expect. Before I get mine, I have a couple of friends who had one and both said "it has its sound. If you like it, fine, but it's not suitable for everything". Maybe not for everything, but with the tone control, it can be played in most of my projects.

That blue finish is gorgeous. I love mine, which is the typical gold finish, but the newer red and blue finishes are tempting.

• Like 3

Used mine for rehearsal Saturday.

No comfort issues whatsoever...played for about an hour and a half...despite forgetting to put on the terrycloth wrist band I'd bought.

I've known about this bass for ten years but only recently tried one out...what a pleasant surprise.

Picsart_22-03-26_21-24-26-553.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

String choice makes a huge difference on these. I received mine with roundwounds, changed to round tapewounds which I didn't like they sucked the tone too much, and now I have Maruszczyk flatwounds and that works perfectly for me with fingers or pick.

I use the rounds it came with.  If I get fed up of those, I'll put my usual D'addario XL nickel rounds on it.  I like how it sounds with rounds.  Actually, I have no desire to put flats on any of my basses - they've got tone controls if I want to suck the treble response out of them ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2