Why become a member? ×

Double bass with tonsils removed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115545940513?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=TDioHgGRTc2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3y9rdxSdSHG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Seller cheerfully remarks that the previous owner had “done some work” to the front. Nature of said work appears alarming judging by the photos. Still, it’s only £4k (starting price). 

Edited by Richard Jinman

Sold, for a mere £4124.

I occasionally watch bits of those programmes where people sell stuff in auctions, and when something goes for about 20 times the estimate, I wish that the presenters would chase down the buyers and ask them what they knew that made them pay so much. Has somebody realised that this is a rare instrument made in Cremona in the 18th century, or are they just deluded?

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

Has somebody realised that this is a rare instrument made in Cremona in the 18th century, or are they just deluded?

"It's old, so it's good."

"No, it's new, so it's better."

"No! It's old, so it's good."

"No, it's new, so it's better."

REPEAT

ps: They're delusional. All of them.

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

Sold, for a mere £4124.

I occasionally watch bits of those programmes where people sell stuff in auctions, and when something goes for about 20 times the estimate, I wish that the presenters would chase down the buyers and ask them what they knew that made them pay so much. Has somebody realised that this is a rare instrument made in Cremona in the 18th century, or are they just deluded?

Extraordinary….