Why become a member? ×

Marleaux Diva 6 Bass Signature Redwood Burl Top - *SOLD*
£4195
Germany, Frankfurt area

Eisen

20 hours ago, Eisen said:

Yes, this is another good idea to solve the problem, but would you do this with a 5 grand bass?

If it don`t sell till xmas i`ll keep it.

I got the drilling and filling done on a Sei bass which would be about half that price, and had the entire fretboard replaced on a Thumb NT, so I wouldn't hesitate to stick things which could be removed without damage onto a 5 grand bass.

16 hours ago, tauzero said:

I got the drilling and filling done on a Sei bass which would be about half that price, and had the entire fretboard replaced on a Thumb NT, so I wouldn't hesitate to stick things which could be removed without damage onto a 5 grand bass.

Peace! Different strokes for different folks😇

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same dot problem with my Diva 4. Thought I’d be able to adapt to it, but just could’t. Instead of playing naturally and freely I was having to think about it and sometimes got it wrong. 
Gerald Marleaux was kind enough to drill and fill the dots (also ebony, so near invisible) and place new ones at the mini virtual fret markers. Horrible job with no room above the body which he said he’d never done before, but he did it and that really made the bass mine. 
He won’t thank me for suggesting it to you but… E55752DF-996D-4B84-BA8A-06331EDDE871.thumb.jpeg.e6aa80baafb43609b46cd300f903754a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Andy H. said:

I had exactly the same dot problem with my Diva 4. Thought I’d be able to adapt to it, but just could’t. Instead of playing naturally and freely I was having to think about it and sometimes got it wrong. 
Gerald Marleaux was kind enough to drill and fill the dots (also ebony, so near invisible) and place new ones at the mini virtual fret markers. Horrible job with no room above the body which he said he’d never done before, but he did it and that really made the bass mine. 
He won’t thank me for suggesting it to you but… E55752DF-996D-4B84-BA8A-06331EDDE871.thumb.jpeg.e6aa80baafb43609b46cd300f903754a.jpeg

Thank you very much,Sir! Especially for the picture because noone would believe that this was possible!

There is so little space between the body and the fretboard... a masterpiece of work.

I will wait if there is some demand for the bass till xmas , if not I`m going to talk with my luthier with your picture.

If he is not keen on this job I`m going to talk to Gerald, but his workshop is 300 km away...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Andy H.and a Happy New Year for you too!

Thanks for asking! Currently I decided to sell the Diva but haven`t tried very aggressive yet. Maybe in the next weeks.

I must not sell but would like to. 

I have talked to my luthier, Magnus Krempel, who is reknowned in Germany, about your suggestion.

He answered like Radio Eriwan: Sure, it is possible to do and no big problem for a skilled luthier but he recommended to leave the bass as is

because of the resale value if I`m not satisfied with the end result.

Since my horoscope for 2023 told me to stay away from big risks, I better sell the Diva.

I made bigger mistakes in my life, I sold my Wals too cheap...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Eisen changed the title to Marleaux Diva 6 Bass Signature Redwood Burl Top !Now sold-please delete!