Why become a member? ×

I want a mij/cij Precision

boabskiboab

So i have been looking around and found a company called ishibashi which is a japanese company that posts worldwide.

I have also heard that japanese fenders are close to if not better than american fenders quality, is this true?

Has anyone ordered from ishibashi, any issues, did you get stung by customs for vat?

Any other info would be gratefully recieved.

I am a member of bassic.ch and there are many members who ordered from ishibashi. All in all the service ishibashi supplies can be counted as extraordinary: people unsure about how to communicate with them just write in English and get English response. Shipping is fast and packaging on the heavy duty side.

The quality of the jap. Fenders according to those members is much more consistent on the better side of the spectrum (compared to US or Mexican produktion). They're all very happy and satisfied with service and product.

VAT etc. has to be paid, of course but still the prices are good.

OutToPlayJazz and acidbass are right, it's second-hand only from Ishibashi - look in the u_box . Fareastguitars sometimes has them in but don't have a lot of stock at the moment. Not sure whether Guitar Emporium can still get them.

The best quality instruments are the Not-for-export models with US pickups and ash or alder bodies.

[quote name='pete.young' post='466814' date='Apr 19 2009, 04:59 PM']OutToPlayJazz and acidbass are right, it's second-hand only from Ishibashi - look in the u_box . Fareastguitars sometimes has them in but don't have a lot of stock at the moment. Not sure whether Guitar Emporium can still get them.

The best quality instruments are the Not-for-export models with US pickups and ash or alder bodies.[/quote]

It seems like Guitar Emporium is importing again now - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46985"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46985[/url]

AFAIK its only new CIJ Fenders that Ishibashi can't sell outside of Japan. All the other brands and the second hand stock are available to anyone. The service is excellent, but don't forget to budget for shipping, VAT, import duty and handling onto the price.

Alternately you could always pick one up in person by going to Japan. That way you can have a great holiday to make up for buying a rather ordinary bass ;-)