Why become a member? ×

New amp choices. Rm800evoii vs minimega vs Eich T900

Philverado

Hi all, done a bunch of research and have decided on one of the above. I have a few questions for anyone who owns them. 
I’m replacing an MB Big Bang which has a new career as a smoke machine. 
Currently playing into a BF supermidget, no pedals or effects. I ‘may’ add another cab in the future as I’m usually running about 3/4 of the SM’s limit. 
I’m looking for warm, rounded and loud (without sounding angry) and a little touch of drive depending on the situation. 
I think any of the above will do what I want - do I pony up the extra dosh for the T900? Can I live with the stupid top vents on the Minimega and have to work out somewhere for my wireless? Is the Ashdown built better than some I used many years ago? 
Delighted to listen to experience. 
Many thanks, Phil 🍻

My only experience with any of the amps listed is the Ashdown - the 500 watt version. Great little amp, very powerful, and the “heftiest” sounding Class D amp I’ve had. Would fit your list of requirements, plus based in the UK with great customer service so in the unlikely event that it develops a fault pretty easy to get sorted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Philverado I've got a T900 on sale for peanuts - and obviously that may not sound objective, but if it helps it's the only amp I've bought twice.

Clean, good treble whilst much warmer than GK, direct and with good character - the taste knob takes you from Motown warmth to a scoop modern slap tone in a twist. Can't get a wrong tone out of it.

One of the few amps that will do 600w at 4 ohm too... and the 1.7kg for 900w is a ridiculous form factor!

Even if you buy new or not from me, my vote goes to the T900, without a doubt!

I've played the RM500 and RM800 and consider them quite blurry especially by comparison.

Edited by Ander87
SOLD, no longer available!!!
  • Like 2