Why become a member? ×

Let's see your rear's !

largo

Not what it seems I'm afraid .....

I have a 3U rack with amp + tuner and wondered the best way to power these.
At present, I have a 4-way power strip velcro'ed to the top of the amp inside the rack & I've made up a couple of short IEC "kettle" power leads to keep the back clutter free, plugged in to the 4-way. However, I've spoken about my "hum" experiences before and wondered if I would be better using one of these dual-IEC splitter type cables and not have the 4-way at all.

Or wouldn't it make any jot of difference !

Still interested to hear, or see what other do regards powering their rack equipment.

Cheers

Stephen

This

was what I used 4 years ago. A 13-Amp strip bolted to a 1U blank panel.

Then I bought an excellent 1U power strip from Introdelta. As the result of experience I'm a great believer in using 13-Amp sockets. They are more flexible than IEC. You can plug wall-warts straight in. You can plug other equipment striaght in. 13A is the UK standard. Almost all equipment comes with a 13A power cord, however IECs are great for 19-inch racks in fixed installations.

Stephen, you can get these rackmount powerstrips off ebay, not sure how much as mine is now a few years old.

Plenty of room for amp/tuner/powerstrip.

D.

EDIT - here's a link; [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-Power-Distribution-Unit-4-way-IEC-switched_W0QQitemZ5775131707QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11180QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-Power-Distributio...1742.m153.l1262[/url]

Introdelta, as obbm says.

Edited by deksawyer