Why become a member? ×

Nice live female vocal mic

Owen

• 3 months later...

the Beta 58 and  the 945 are both very usable low cast vocal mics. The 945 sounds smoother than the beta 58 IMHO. Both are super cardioid, so fairly easy to position to minimize the chance of feedback. The 945 also has low handling noise which can be handy if the singer likes to keep removing the mic from the stand

On 25/08/2022 at 02:10, jimmyb625 said:

I use a Sontronics Solo for our female singer, which is a great mic for the price and the people there are really friendly and helpful. It was designed to be run flat on a desk, so as a plug and go, it's a good choice.

The sennheiser e935 (or e945 if you want a super cardiod) as mentioned by others is also a great choice, as is the new (and fairly pricey) 435. For slightly less money, the 835/845 versions are also a good option.

For higher-register male vocal (think David Gilmour) the AKG D7 is a good choice, but it is quite sensitive, so needs careful eq'ing of any stage monitors.

I have to say that the Sontronics Solo is hard to beat. Of course, it is made just up the hill from me.

You also have to go a long way to beat ..... the Behringer X8500.