Why become a member? ×

Have i been shafted?

thebeat

Bought a Sandberg Basic 4 using buy it now and Paypal on the 7th of this month from a seller on Ebay going by the username of chylamariusz88 and have yet to receive any response to my messages... or the bass. Now i realise that the seller may have gone on holiday or be ill but i'm really beginning to get f***ed off by his lack of response. If he has gone on holiday, which i hope he's bloody enjoying if he has, he might have stated as such in his ad...of course it may be that he's ripped me off or had his account hijacked in which case i can only wait on Paypal giving me refund...i've opened a dispute but have yet to escalate. Has anyone else had to wait this long for a reply from a seller? Or am i up sh*t creek without a bass?
:)
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160326940535"]Sandberg Basic 4[/url]

[quote name='thebeat' post='464993' date='Apr 17 2009, 01:38 PM']Bought a Sandberg Basic 4 using buy it now and Paypal on the 7th of this month from a seller on Ebay going by the username of chylamariusz88 and have yet to receive any response to my messages... or the bass. Now i realise that the seller may have gone on holiday or be ill but i'm really beginning to get f***ed off by his lack of response. If he has gone on holiday, which i hope he's bloody enjoying if he has, he might have stated as such in his ad...of course it may be that he's ripped me off or had his account hijacked in which case i can only wait on Paypal giving me refund...i've opened a dispute but have yet to escalate. Has anyone else had to wait this long for a reply from a seller? Or am i up sh*t creek without a bass?
:)
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160326940535"]Sandberg Basic 4[/url][/quote]

I once had a 4 week wait from a guy I bought some gear from in France. I did the same as you and raised a dispute with PayPal but it turned out OK. Some people on EBay, I have found, just take their time and are not concerned with the other party involved with the transaction. Generally I have had good experiences on EBay, but getting a little bored with it now. I am sure you will be fine and obviously paying by PayPal will protect you no end. It is just a pain for you though. Good luck.

You'd think that with £500 coming into your account that it'd be in the forefront of your mind.

[quote]I sell Sandberg Basic 4 string Bass Guitar[/quote]I don't know why but that description would have got alarm bells ringing for me.

Keep up the PayPal approach - sometimes a$$hole sellers will just delay and delay until the the dispute process runs out of time. Have you done a "details request" yet? It sort of lets them know that you are on the case. An email mentioning legal action might get the ball rolling if all else fails.

Maybe our Evesham massive might recognise it (it doesn't look that big a place) and be able to do some chasing up for you.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='465015' date='Apr 17 2009, 01:55 PM']You'd think that with £500 coming into your account that it'd be in the forefront of your mind.

I don't know why but that description would have got alarm bells ringing for me.[/quote]

I'm assuming the guy is Polish and English is his second language...it seems from his feedback that he's sold a few guitars previously. As i said, he may have gone back to Pole-land for his hols over Easter...Easter is big in Poland...but he could have stated as much if that's the case...

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='465015' date='Apr 17 2009, 01:55 PM']I don't know why but that description would have got alarm bells ringing for me.[/quote]
Not to mention: I bought this bass 1 year ago, play only home, ..... and
I add originally gig bag.

[quote name='thebeat' post='465020' date='Apr 17 2009, 02:02 PM']I'm assuming the guy is Polish and English is his second language...it seems from his feedback that he's sold a few guitars previously. As i said, he may have gone back to Pole-land for his hols over Easter...Easter is big in Poland...but he could have stated as much if that's the case...[/quote]
Yep, I hope you're right.

Googling his name brings up a couple of mentions so I guess that's something. A bit of a Virgil Donati fan apparently.

Good luck man.

Well! After escalating the issue to a claim i have heard from the tosser who goes by the name [b]Mariusz Chyla[/b]. He was quite upset at having the funds frozen and supplied Paypal with the details of the courier he used on the 11th, 4 days after i paid and a Saturday before a bank holiday Monday, which meant that the bass wasn't collected from the Post Office until the 13th {he used Parcelfarce 48} . I've checked the tracking number and it's being held at the Perth depot. When i asked him why he hadn't responded to my messages through ebay he denied receiving them...funny that...Paypal seem to have received them without any trouble. Now we'll see how he likes being kept waiting for something, as i wont be ending the claim until the bass is safely in my hands and that wont be until Tuesday. A seller to avoid at all costs...i can't believe that he thought it was fine to just send the bass without me letting know...some people are such w***ers.

Edited by thebeat

[quote name='thebeat' post='466241' date='Apr 18 2009, 05:07 PM']... i wont be ending the claim until the bass is safely in my hands and that wont be until Tuesday.[/quote]
No question about it - that's absolutely the correct thing to do it as once you've closed it you wouldn't be able to reopen it in the even of it not turning up or other issues.

Hi guys. Yeah, got the bass and very nice it is too...apart from it reeking of garlic that is.

Noticed that the numpty had left me 'negative positive' feedback....was expecting something like that after giving him honest, but negative, feedback. Maybe next time he'll let his buyers know when he's posted their goods and he might even take less than 5 days to actually post them the next time, who knows? he may even use decent packaging and a reputable courier next time rather than just sticking the bass in one poxy box and leaving it in the incompetent hands of Parcelfarce, i'm lucky the bass arrived in one piece. As for his feedback, couldn't really give a hoot about his childish attempt at pay back to be honest. His i.d. is chylamariusz88 just so you know.

Edited by thebeat