Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang Bass 1972 - *SOLD*
£2795
Gloucestershire

MungoBass

Fender Mustang Bass made in 1972 in an original and well used condition, with plenty of bumps, bruises, dings, paint checking and discolouration.

The blue finish has turned to a petrol green colour but the original colour can be seen under the bridge, neck pocket and pickguard.  A previous owner had used glue under the pickguard to try and prevent warping and shrinkage (not the first time I have heard of this being done!) but thankfully most of the original paint remains, albeit somewhat messy.  There are two areas where the top layer of the pickguard has split around two screws but it is still secure and does not go through the other 2 plys.

The ink stamps date the bass to 1972 and the pots to 6th week, also 1972.

The frets are in good shape, the fingerboard has some very nice grain and the truss rod turns freely in both directions.

The tuners work well but have some tarnishing as expected, likewise the bridge which still has the facility to add foam mutes if required.

The tug bar has a split and only one screw but is the original reddish coloured version.  I have always liked the red shadow these leave on light coloured pickguards!

It has a new set of La Bella MUS flatwounds which really do suit the bass and ensure a decent low end thump!

The bass weighs in at a mere 3.25kgs or 7 and a bit pounds.

Sadly I have discovered that short scale basses are just not for me and will stick to long scale but no doubt in a few years when I am even more decrepit, I’ll regret letting this go!

To ensure any prospective buyer is happy, I would much prefer this to be a collection only.  

I would also much prefer a straight sale but would be willing to consider a lower priced Precision or Jazz as a part exchange.

Please feel free to ask for any further information!

Edited by MungoBass
Sold
  • Like 19

• 2 weeks later...
  • MungoBass changed the title to SOLD Fender Mustang Bass 1972