Why become a member? ×

Full Joan Armatrading concert with John Giblin...

julesb

Thanks for sharing this @julesb@julesb 👍

Great artist with a great band! 

Looks like a lovely Roscoe Beck 5 that John Giblin is using there.. 

I saw him playing with Kate Bush eight years ago on her 'Before The Dawn' series of shows (with Omar Hakim on drums) and he was just impeccable in his playing! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Thanks for sharing this @julesb@julesb 👍

Great artist with a great band! 

Looks like a lovely Roscoe Beck 5 that John Giblin is using there.. 

I saw him playing with Kate Bush eight years ago on her 'Before The Dawn' series of shows (with Omar Hakim on drums) and he was just impeccable in his playing! 

👍There's not much quality footage of him it seems, so a treat for us all. I'm beyond jealous that you got to see the Before the Dawn shows!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Always good to see the godlike Mr G.

PSX_20220802_224220.jpg

I remember a Roscoe Beck V for sale in The Gallery that used to belong to JG. It had had the frets ripped out and looked a bit bodged. Might have been the one above, I can't remember the colour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, julesb said:

👍There's not much quality footage of him it seems, so a treat for us all. I'm beyond jealous that you got to see the Before the Dawn shows!

It was the best concert I've ever seen, with more standing ovations throughout than any other performance I can recall. 

And KB was so, so good. The band, choreography, effects and concept were just on a whole other level.

And after all of that, her encore, sat at the piano singing solo, was a reminder of just what a brilliant songwriter and singer she is. 

I was lucky enough to see her at the same venue back in 1978 too, on her only other tour. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

It was the best concert I've ever seen, with more standing ovations throughout than any other performance I can recall. 

And KB was so, so good. The band, choreography, effects and concept were just on a whole other level.

And after all of that, her encore, sat at the piano singing solo, was a reminder of just what a brilliant songwriter and singer she is. 

I was lucky enough to see her at the same venue back in 1978 too, on her only other tour. 

Couple of days ago it was Kate Bush night at the BBC. I couldn't believe what I heard and saw..I had forgotten how amazing she was.

I remember her appearing on Belgian tv when "Wuthering Heights" came out (I was 16). No one had ever heard or seen anything like her.

Del Palmer had some cool basses too in the footage ..I saw an Alembic and a five string Status.

• Like 4

On 03/08/2022 at 17:59, wombatboter said:

Couple of days ago it was Kate Bush night at the BBC. I couldn't believe what I heard and saw..I had forgotten how amazing she was.

I remember her appearing on Belgian tv when "Wuthering Heights" came out (I was 16). No one had ever heard or seen anything like her.

Del Palmer had some cool basses too in the footage ..I saw an Alembic and a five string Status.

Del used to be on Facebook ,that Alembic you saw was maybe the bass on the early tour ?. It was in fact another brand and he did tell me what on FB but ive forgotten 

A 70s British builder donated them 

• Like 1