Why become a member? ×

Help

anti-barbie

Also, try a different lead. I once had a similar problem with a little electronic tuner. The 'sleave' side of the cable had come away from the attached plug, leaving the 'tip' (signal) cable connected. The tuner picked up lots of main hum because of this (as the cable could no longer 'screen' the signal). Now, UK mains in 50Hz which does read fairly close to a low G ,give or take a bit. A possible cause!

Try changing the battery on your bass too, if it's an active one.

I agree with Dood and Skywalker - it's almost certainly the battery or cable.
Try swapping these (one at a time) and see how you get on - good luck!

(good point about the battery in the bass - I've had that before and wasted ages checking cables before I realised)

[quote name='NJW' post='50628' date='Aug 25 2007, 05:35 PM']yup, if its reading between G and G# then there is most likely a loose connection somewhere causing hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Its probably fixable, but just buy a better tuner :huh:[/quote]
If i was gigging i would but to be frank as i only play for myself, it's not worth it. The sooner i get paid and get a new one the better - at the moment i have to get dad to tune it as his ear is far better than mine and it means he hogs it for a couple of hours :)

I'm confoosed now - the thing is working again.

Tried new lead, thought brilliant, it works! But put the old lead back on just to check it truly was "dead" and it's fine - like nothing ever happened.

This has been happening to me a lot - things pretending to be broken - my car indicators were the last victims :)

Edited by anti-barbie