Why become a member? ×

Tokai AJB-118 - made in Japan - REDUCED AGAIN TO £599
£775
Ripon

thedontcarebear

This is a made in Japan top quality bass, at the same price as a low end Fender Player!

This is a high end newer Japanese Tokai, rare to find in the UK, I got this one from Spain a few years back.

It weighs around 8.2lbs, making it the lightest jazz I have, and is actually my favourite to play, but I rarely do play, hence putting a few things up for sale.

It has Japanese hardware (Gotoh), and sounds awesome, the setup is great too, very low.  Condition is pretty much like new, I am reluctant to say that, but I cannot find any marks - it’s never left the house.

Collection from Ripon is preferred (junction 50 A1) but could post if really needed (need to find someone that insures).

If this doesn’t sell, then it makes the decision for me about keeping it!

799CE0C1-5117-4BBD-9638-86F5F5841AF2.jpeg

91C188AD-E311-42A3-943E-8A1F96CB0CF8.jpeg

B1F9ABF8-CABF-4E19-9A3A-71284CB661A2.jpeg

B158C399-E839-4384-B2FA-0E14B04FD549.jpeg

62913A2E-E4F7-4847-8B9C-C0F3577FAAD3.jpeg

Edited by thedontcarebear
  • Like 20

• thedontcarebear changed the title to Tokai AJB-118 - made in Japan - REDUCED TO £699
  • thedontcarebear changed the title to Tokai AJB-118 - made in Japan - REDUCED AGAIN TO £649
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Have recently played some newer Tokai jazz basses at Rose Morris in London, and own a '21 Hard Puncher. 

They are incredible basses. More playable and richer sounding than MIA Fenders to my amateur ears. 

If I didn't have one, would snap this up at this price! 

• thedontcarebear changed the title to Tokai AJB-118 - made in Japan - REDUCED AGAIN TO £599