Why become a member? ×

What gives you the most MUSICAL pleasure?

Mykesbass

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Getting into a band early, and being able to tell people I liked them before they were well known and that I prefer their early stuff.

😉

And then go on Internet fora and diss said band rotten, claiming they're greedy sell-outs who now appeal to the dumbasses wot only know their big trillion seller and have betrayed their original fans in a way that would even shock Benedict Arnold 😁

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Haha 2

For me, it’s playing in a band that is totally into supporting the song. When all the band are

locked in, with nobody bothered about standing out and trying to impress anyone by

overplaying. In my case this occurs most often when backing a great singer. 

• Like 1

For me, it's when music has cojones - whether it's on record, disc, live or with me playing.

And by cojones  I mean something about it, which may be a pumpin' beat, the sort of out there playing that gives you the Stank Face * , being funky as hell, being completely crazed or just joyously beautiful. Which could be anything from Derek Bailey's "Mirakle" to Suicidal's "Su Casa", from Parliament's "Down Stroke" to a Schubert Impromtu.

1209168750_StankFace.jpg.36e0ae06928256f685215e2d8835301a.jpg

• Like 2