Why become a member? ×

• 3 months later...

This is mine it’s an original and an early one. You can see that the fretboard has been changed. This happened before I bought it - I suspect it was fretless originally. It’s a lovely thing to play. 

F05B842B-28D1-4A7D-856D-E94E935CCA32.jpeg

• Like 5

@ash, that is fantastic. Very jealous.

In other news, I've just seen this on the facebook bass vi group (from talkbass) which is interesting. 

An Ibanez Talman TMB35 converted to six string. The string spacing looks much better than the majority of factory bass vi's, and the pickups will sound like a bass. A bass players bass vi rather than a guitar players. 

Oh yeah forget the link 🙄😁

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ibanez-talman-bass-vi-reduced.1599861/

Edited by Maude
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ash said:

This is mine it’s an original and an early one. You can see that the fretboard has been changed. This happened before I bought it - I suspect it was fretless originally. It’s a lovely thing to play. 

Did that originally have a cover over the bridge?

11 hours ago, ash said:

I think that may have been mine a long time ago.  I sold it about 16 years ago.  A lady bought it for her husband and picked it up from my office in Studley. 

8 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Did that originally have a cover over the bridge?

It must have done but it wasn’t on the bass when I bought it and it isn’t a standard feature. I have an old perspex Hayman bridge cover that may fit.

8 hours ago, Sercet said:

I think that may have been mine a long time ago.  I sold it about 16 years ago.  A lady bought it for her husband and picked it up from my office in Studley. 

I bought it from a woman who got it for her husband - he died in 2017. It was also worked on by Martin Nash at some point as there is a signed wiring diagram in the control cavity, sadly Martin - who was a Basschatter who I knew and I traded Shergold gear with many times - died last year. 
Did the bass have a fretless board when you had it? What was the serial number? I’m interested in their history. I added side dot inlays as it didn’t have the usual black binding and white dots. 

C6A67FB4-A918-4EBC-AD99-9C7A465E5BC6.jpeg

AB08F3EA-93E3-4638-AE4C-DE73276261BF.jpeg

Edited by ash
Pics