Why become a member? ×

I think I've finally done it...... !

Marcus

Hi Guys,

after much hassle / fun / frustration / money I think I've finally found a rig I can settle with and enjoy....

Aguilar DB750 / SWR Goliath III / SWR SOB

I've managed to pick up a pair of virtually unused Pre Fender SWR cabs (from different owners) to compliment the DB750. To my ears the Aguilar cabs I was using previously didn't compliment the Thick, Full sound of the DB750. As a package I much prefer the "leaner" "Edgier" sound of the SWR boxes.

The Little SOB has it's detractors, I've heard a few people say that it gets lost under the Goliath III and I have to admit that a 15 that doesn't go as low as a 410 seems a little pointless in some respects. However A/B'd with just the Goliath and then with the SOB as well I do prefer what the 15 adds, it just warms it up a touch and "strengthens" the low end rather than extending it.... The simplicity of the DB750 is a real joy, it's pure "Heft & Grunt" is difficult to compare to anything else i've owned... I now realise why I sold the last one, I was using it with a DB410 and it's almost too much of a good thing !

Hearing the 750 through WOT's Bergs made me realise what I was missing in my Bass sound..... the "sizzle" The SWR's do that perfectly and seem (to my ears) to have a very balanced sound across the frequency spectrum when driven by the DB750.

In my opinion no other bass head does what the DB750 does in terms of delivering thick defined clean tone, but I think the AG500 suits the Aguilar cabs better (to my ears) maybe some of the momentum to redesign the pre-amp section of the DB750 was driven by making it a better partner for their cabs ? (As well as saving some dosh)

Pics as Requested......

Last Gig I did with the Reet Hot Chili Peppers Using Aguilar DB750 / GS112/GS112NT/GS115

How to describe....... The Delicate Sound of Thunder !!

Close up of the Rig....

New Rig......

ATB

Mark

Edited by Marcus

Now come on mate you know the rules... it doesn't exist if I haven't heard it. :rolleyes:

I didn't realise you were pairing that SoB with the SWR 4x10. I thought the Aggie GS were being used in the mix somewhere, it makes more sense to me now!

Right so we need to find you a cracking band to pump it out with now!

Nice one. :)