Why become a member? ×

NBD - Lakland Skyline content

JPJ

So I’ve recently been having a bit of an epiphany and after decades of only playing active five string basses, I’ve recently assembled and gigged my first passive five string and loved the experience. This got me thinking that I’ve never owned or gigged a four string passive P bass, and of course GAS set in and the search began.

As one of my side hustles is a three gigs per year Black Sabbath three piece, and having failed to find a precision at a price I was prepared to pay, I advertised on here for a Lakland Skyline 44-64 and thanks to thebrig, this little lady has just been delivered safe and sound by Parcelfarce.

She’s an ‘06 model with the jazz width neck with the single P pickup, finished in natural. I’ll update later when I’ve had a proper play but acoustically she sounds nice and bright with a great low action. 

831C1353-8672-495D-87A4-AED5D48CE53B.jpeg

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, Fil1ip said:

Very nice were you tempted at the Geezer signature bass

I was, but with only two or three Geezer gigs per year, this is a bit more of an all round option and it scratches my P bass itch 

I believe this bass has the Lindy Fralin pickup which sounds exactly like a vintage P bass to me.  

• Like 1