Why become a member? ×

Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency, PRICE REDUCED - *SOLD*
£3200
KINGSTON UPON THAMES

TimCook

***NOW SOLD***

My final fee was £5500 just 2 years ago for reference.

Hi there,

I've decided to sell on my custom Jerzy Drozd, which I received in August 2020. It was originally commissioned in 2018 to my specifications - a lightweight, walnut topped, passive 4-string with purple hardware and 33" scale. It's been semi-hollowed so is lovely and lightweight and as far as I've seen this is the first of Jerzy's new body shape I've seen come up secondhand. It's in immaculate condition, having never left my flat and comes with a quality Hiscox case.

Here's the full spec list:

Scale: 33"

Frets: 24, stainless steel, medium

Body wood: Swamp Ash

Body top: Figured Walnut

Body type: Hollowed body

Neck wood: 3-piece Maple

Neck depth: 21mm at first fret

Fingerboard: Pau Ferro

Fingerboard radius: 20" (508mm)

Fingerboard markings: Mother of Pearl side dots

Electronics: Passive - Volume, Pan, Tone

Electronics: Custom pots - Pau Ferro, custom control knob sizes

Control plate: Pau Ferro

Pickups: Hard Maple lower, Birds Eye Maple top

Hardware: Purple, Pantone 2695 C
String spacing at bridge: 20mm

Needless to say, this is an absolutely stunning instrument - any questions at all, please do get in touch!

Best, Tim

2D7EC40C-0D83-4E88-8F92-684E70E8EF8B.jpeg

BCA19049-A3DA-4D1E-9E05-CEC44797002D.jpeg

1EA73A7F-8857-4872-9F62-DC569F0A5B01.jpeg

68401512-431C-46B2-B862-F604AC549C3C.jpeg

A62B6615-E2BE-4394-877E-25011C0BDA1C.jpeg

02B6C4F0-3310-4870-B3DC-3DE5E1AAA5E6.jpeg

C82D43E5-7992-4954-BDFA-048A656A60A5.jpeg

5C99F72F-2FF0-4BCD-AFE1-EDD6784BCB87.jpeg

BBE12EF8-6709-43A6-9A37-723576BF5C19.jpeg

E17D1117-E627-4D09-A574-528C71C023EB.jpeg

Edited by TimCook
Bass has sold
  • Like 15

As a designer, can I just salute the specification of hardware that's an actual Pantone colour? The knowledge that this is possible is going to change my world/GAS/bank account forever.

Looks as smooth as a buttered eel. GLWTS :)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, simisker said:

As a designer, can I just salute the specification of hardware that's an actual Pantone colour? The knowledge that this is possible is going to change my world/GAS/bank account forever.

I spent so much more time agonising over this decision than anything else in the build! I only wish I knew how to get this applied to hardware all my basses!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simisker said:

And a 4 digit Pantone reference at that.

Ah, I should add - I'm happy to source and replace the strings prior to sale - I'm well aware nylon tape wounds are a niche choice! (I took up climbing and found nylon tapes to be smoothest to allow playing with raw fingertips 😂)

• TimCook changed the title to Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency, PRICE REDUCED
21 hours ago, Clarky said:

Stunning workmanship. If I were a better bassist I would be all over this and play nuevo flamenco. Unfortunately I am a meat and potatoes blues rock bassist, haha! Have a bump from me for a wonderful bass

Thanks Clarky! Much appreciated 👍

On 25/09/2022 at 10:02, wright/watt said:

I keep coming back for a look at this beauty!! The craftsmanship here, truly  amazing!! An, as new £5.5k bass at £2.2K  It may be a lot of money, but bargain alert!! GLWTS👍😃

Cheers, being a high end custom instrument, I’ve no doubt made some niche choices not everyone would go for (thinking passive & purple hardware) but it is a stunner.

17 minutes ago, basolas said:

Hey!

The strings are bronze covered with transparent plastic?

Brand?

Gorgeous bass!!!

Hi there, they’re LaBella Copper White Nylon Tapewounds (760C I believe). They sound absolutely exquisite and importantly for me are silky smooth. I do a bit of climbing which leaves my fingers pretty raw so discovered these let me keep playing.

Worth noting I intend to replace these for the sale since it’s due a re-string anyway so’ll happily take advice on a ‘normal’ high quality string.

• TimCook changed the title to **SOLD** Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency