Why become a member? Ɨ

Fender Modern Player Jazz (please read) - *SOLD*
Ā£550
Manchester

AndyTravis

Rescued from a local studioā€¦

Ā 

The headstock had met an accident. The body though was unscathed.

Ā 

I bought it from the original owner as Iā€™ve always fancied oneā€¦then set about buying a really decent neck to make it a solid bass again.

Ā 

Brand new Roasted Maple Fender, which feels amazing and is snappy as hell and skinnyā€¦I then realised the boffins at fender had made the headstock holes too small for the original fender tuners.

Ā 

So I bought a set of Hipshot licensed 1/2ā€ diameter machine-heads which are ace.

Ā 

the body itself is a satin black - sometimes looks Smokey grey and then totally blackā€¦has some shinier areas - suppose thatā€™s the nature of matte black.

Ā 

plays well/sounds great - needs a last fettle on the nut - i canā€™t find my nut files and donā€™t want to bodge - but with commitments to family/house - canā€™t get to local luthier for weeks. The supplied nut was only guide grooved and I have E/A just about right but nothing slim enough for D/G so white itā€™s playable it could just be inched better.

Ā 

This is the Mk2 version and has rotary selector/volume/volume/tone and an edge socket.

Ā 

The selector has 4 positions which mix all of the coils in various combinations 2 warmer/vintage and 2 bright - slappers delight.

Ā 

you can then blend/vary as you wish.

Ā 

high mass fender bridge and a decent weight - about 9lbs.

Ā 

Fender bag included.

Ā 

Original neck and tuners included. The neck is split across the headstock and Iā€™ve glued and clamped it but itā€™s done - in all fairness.

Ā 

Shipping can happen in UK.Ā 
Ā 

Ā£25 uninsured/more if insured. Can do a hiscox case for shipping which will change the end price.

Ā 

Iā€™m not after trades - Iā€™ve got a full rack and full cases. So need to slim down the stuff.

Ā 

Iā€™d be keeping it, but about 2 days after bringing it home, I bought my old Musicman Bongo back which does the HH thing wonderfully and a couple of J types I have sentimental connections with.

Ā 

So - a massively tweaked modern classic.

Ā 

Iā€™m in Manchester and collection (evenings and weekends) possibleā€¦

Ā 

Thanks

Ā 

AndyEFB2F9FD-B7EA-433D-820B-E80D6606BA24.thumb.jpeg.f4df6bbf6560479940b7b1ecd6d970b8.jpeg5FC8C451-1A56-4544-962C-063F721AC2CD.thumb.jpeg.b55d0325f45440e9170d8163c4623347.jpeg

7EA59462-EA5A-4EE4-A74D-54D3B7CD9CF6.jpeg

77BBA163-80DB-4FFD-BF55-0BD0C58EAFA5.jpeg

1717F608-B674-4E55-84D2-4612C9469979.jpeg

38F1BE3A-18AC-4FC4-BB62-8545A310B7A9.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
Sold
  • Like 17

11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

The selector has 4 positions which mix all of the coils in various combinations 2 warmer/vintage and 2 bright - slappers delight.

Ā 

Adapted from an old Bass Direct listing:

Ā 

1. Neck + Bridge

2. Neck + Outer Coil of Bridge

3. Outer Coil of Neck + Bridge

4. Outer Coil of Neck + Outer Coil of Bridge

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• AndyTravis changed the title to Sold - Fender Modern Player Jazz (please read)