Why become a member? ×

Spotify find a use for all that money

Happy Jack

You know, the money they can't possibly afford to pass on to musicians.

Thanks to a FB post by @Wolverinebass I am now aware that they are the new sponsors for Barcelona FC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60759525

But don't worry, musos, it's a bargain. Spotify are paying LESS than £250,000,000 for the privilege ...

weird that, I don't know how many paying customers they have but I rarely get any adverts between songs now on the free version. so how does their business model actually work ?

I buy both digital and vinyl from artists, most of what I listen to on spotify at work is stuff I have the vinyl of, a lot of it from the 70s and early 80s when I consumed a lot of music, read the weeklies and went to gigs. 

14 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I've recently changed to Tidal because they seem to be able to pay artists more than double without charging users any more. Better sound quality as well. 

I think I'll swop from Spotify to Tidal too. One thing that was putting me off was lazyness in needing to re-make all my playlist but apparently that can be done automatically. 

38 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I think I'll swop from Spotify to Tidal too. One thing that was putting me off was lazyness in needing to re-make all my playlist but apparently that can be done automatically. 

It can. I chose to start fresh so I don't know how well it works 

• Thanks 1