Why become a member? ×

New...100% charisma free product available now!

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

What about Rammstein? Not sure they'd have been quite right for the 100 Club

It'll be fine as long as there's a roadie with a fire extinguisher and a bucket of sand. 

Rammstein is one band who need a big stage but their shows are so much more than just music. I think someone whose not in to Rammsteins music could enjoy their shows almost as a theatre show.

Just now, SteveXFR said:

It'll be fine as long as there's a roadie with a fire extinguisher and a bucket of sand. 

Rammstein is one band who need a big stage but their shows are so much more than just music. I think someone whose not in to Rammsteins music could enjoy their shows almost as a theatre show.

I took my missus to the MK Stadium gig. While she'd never heard their music and wouldn't choose to now she hugely  enjoyed the gig.

On 01/03/2022 at 12:16, ribbetingfrog said:

Daniel O’Donnell is the greatest example of the charisma free performer.

the old dears love him but I’ve never seen anyone else do soulless like he does.

I know somebody who works with him and has done for many years. I can't be too specific.

Your comments apparently are bang on. What you see onscreen is what he's really like. Completely devoid of any single redeaming character.

Did you ever see that TV series where he toured Ireland with his wife in a car? Absolutely dreadful.

3 hours ago, WinterMute said:

Character, charisma, any discernible talent, stamina, dress sense....

I'm not a fan.

I would argue the talent point is unfair. He can technically sing, he just does it in a way that sounds so bland. I think that's the problem with Coldplay, they're all decent enough musicians, they just make music that is extremely bland. It's the sonic equivalent of beige.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveXFR said:

I would argue the talent point is unfair. He can technically sing, he just does it in a way that sounds so bland. I think that's the problem with Coldplay, they're all decent enough musicians, they just make music that is extremely bland. It's the sonic equivalent of beige.

Their first album was really good and they could have gone on in that direction. But no, they had to have a blinkin' big hit and all the life was sucked from their heads.

35 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Their first album was really good and they could have gone on in that direction. But no, they had to have a blinkin' big hit and all the life was sucked from their heads.

It does seem that a big hit early on does ruin bands. I think they end up afraid to do anything creative after that just in case it doesn't do well.

They need to keep the sales up once they've got used to the money, women/men/other and drugs.

Like Dave Hedgehog in Bottom said, it's all about birds, booze and budgerigars.