Why become a member? ×

Ditching the RCF subs?!

bassmansam

3 minutes ago, Paul S said:

We bought it a couple of years ago and have been using it, as far as lockdowns have allowed, ever since and couldn't be happier with the sound.  At the moment we use it for vocals, bass and occasionally drums.  Probably drums more often in future as our drummer got a guy in to set it all up properly last week.  Guitar doesn't go through because guitarist thinks it sounds better cranked through his Fender twin :)  I am sure if we knew how to set it up properly it would come out of the pa exactly how it went in but there we are :D  But it is totally liberating.  No more constant GAS about this amp or that cab and setting up is uber fast.  I don't use many effects, just plug into a TC Spectradrive for tone shaping, job done. 

You could come and check it out one time, Bas.  Mostly we gig in Suffolk but we have a couple booked in Old Leigh, one in April, not too far east from you. 

That sounds fantastic, as I know you guys have a pretty big sound! I would love to come check it out, buddy - let me know the date of the April gig in Old Leigh and if I'm free I'll definitely come along.

In the meantime, any clips of your band using it?

16th April, ye Olde Smack :) 

Here at a recent rehearsal, recorded on an iPad and actually came out clearly.  Bass is my new-ish Retrovibe P30, a short scale 50s style P.  Ignore the old pa on stands, it is the litttle thing poking up next to it, plus another one out of shot, sat on the sub.  I'm off over the right somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/djangostrat/videos/6877946578947102

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of hearing @Paul S's blues band in action last night through their RCF Evox 8 PA system. Was a really good night out!

Bass, vox and kick-drum were through the PA. Loved the way it can be set up as backline with no need for monitors or IEMs, relatively tiny stage footprint, and ZERO feedback with mics in front of it. It's got me completely re-thinking the plans we were about to embark on. Paul told me today that the PA was just ticking over last night, and has plenty of headroom.

Here's a bit of classic Jimi H from last night, so you can hear the set-up for yourselves:

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...