Why become a member? ×

Speaker spec in ABM810

Pookus

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='456174' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:54 AM']Ask Ashdown. Their products may suck but I have heard their customer service is great.[/quote]

ooohh, very synical! bf I see your not bias in any way!

[quote name='escholl' post='456172' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:53 AM']1200 watts, 4 ohms, I think.[/quote]

Thanks, I know the total spec. its the individual speakers in the system I need spec for. I imagine they are 8ohm wired in combination of series / parallel. I have a plan. :brow:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='456211' date='Apr 7 2009, 10:26 AM']Mine has 8ohm, 150w speakers. They are the Celestions not the Bluelines though, but the maths is right if the Bluelines are the same[/quote]

I've decided to make two 600w 8ohm cabs (each housing 4x 8ohm 150w 10" bluelines) wired series / parallel. I can still daisy chain the two 4x10s to create 4ohm 1200w like the original 810 if I want.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='456630' date='Apr 7 2009, 05:46 PM']Lets put it this way - how many have a Superfly that still works ?[/quote]

I tried a superfly (borrowed it from a shop) and hated it! I have an ABM EVOII900 which is fantastic - had it for ages gets loads of use never let me down. Ashdown don't always get it right but when they do it all works fine.

[quote name='Pookus' post='456637' date='Apr 7 2009, 05:57 PM']I tried a superfly (borrowed it from a shop) and hated it! I have an ABM EVOII900 which is fantastic - had it for ages gets loads of use never let me down. Ashdown don't always get it right but when they do it all works fine.[/quote]

I tried a Superfly once through an Accugroove Tr110 and loved it. +1 on the ABM though, my 500 appears to be the Keith Richards of amps (and no, I don't mean it's taken lots of drugs :) ). It's not right for everything, but what it is right for it's brilliant at.