Yamaha or Fender…

AndyTravis

What do we pick?! A p/j conundrum   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you pick

• Fender Aerodyne
    • Yamaha Bb1600

Just now, Geek99 said:

True but you do have a revolving front door and stick a deli counter ticket to each bass.

Also some of them have whispered to me about the post-it note you keep on your desk with the opening hours for cash converters on it - they find it a touch intimidating 

My local crack converters closed down…now we know why…

18 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

My local crack converters closed down…now we know why…

Because they can’t cope with you relentlessly banging on the door all day screaming “I need a hit, man, deal me sum dat BB414 … I need a (insert colour de jour here) one” and now they have PTSD? 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Because they can’t cope with you relentlessly banging on the door all day screaming “I need a hit, man, deal me sum dat BB414 … I need a (insert colour de jour here) one” and now they have PTSD? 

Think so. Something like that anyhow.

Think it’s when I told them a rebadged Squier strat wasn’t a £1000 American standard strat…

bless. 😂

How do the BB1100 and your BB414 compare physically, from your point of view? I know (or at least I think I know) that the 1100 has a 43mm neck and the 414 a 40mm neck, but I don't recall you ever making much mention of preferring one kind of neck over another, about any of your basses. Is there a slight difference in the shape of the body, too? Is the 1100 physically more similar to the 300 you had when you were a kid?

8 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

How do the BB1100 and your BB414 compare physically, from your point of view? I know (or at least I think I know) that the 1100 has a 43mm neck and the 414 a 40mm neck, but I don't recall you ever making much mention of preferring one kind of neck over another, about any of your basses. Is there a slight difference in the shape of the body, too? Is the 1100 physically more similar to the 300 you had when you were a kid?

The bb1600 has a more “shouldered” feeling neck, it’s a tiny bit chunkier - but not in an unpleasant way. Very much like the 1985 bb1100 I had. The 414 is slimmer and shallower like a flattened C shape - they reverted to the deeper feel on the 424…

the body shapes are pretty much identical - slight variation on the treble cutout - about 5mm deeper on the older 80’s BB’s.

The bb300 when I was a kid was a mega early Japanese one with the really shallow treble horn cut out.

I don’t get involved in measuring necks/string spacing etc - I either get into a bass or I don’t, I never buy something just because of string spacing/nut etc.

😉

• Like 2