Why become a member? ×

TOTP 1991- Bass Gear spotting

Old Horse Murphy

Just reminiscing watching TOTP 1991 (not a good year for music IMHO) but brings back fond memories of doing the same every time I used to watch TOTP as a kid and avidly Bass gear spotting. 

Obviously in the days before the internet it was a lot more difficult identifying anything even remotely exotic, but that was half the fun :)

• Like 2

Can you tell what it is yet?

I remember seeing them actually play live on TOTP once, it may have been this one, most of their appearances were without a backline.

Ac<edit> I think this is concert footage... I remember them with a much smaller stage setup, it was live because they always stressed when bands were live.

Motorhead on TOTP? How things have changed 😞

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Motorhead Clip Above....

# "If this don't make you want a Ric, you must be deaf 'n blind!.. Motorhead..."

So much energy...

Now looking on AliExpress at £250 Ric copies... in white... cam they be that bad?.. Harley Benton quality?

Harley Benton do a Rick-a-like using mostly Chinese (AliExpress) hardware, but with better QC and a guarantee. 

Can't remember what the pickups are though and whether they'll be vaguely Rickish. 

You're best bet is to pick up a 70's Jap faker.