Why become a member? ×

Rob Allen Mouse - 30" - Rare Fretted - Sold :-(
£2200
Bristol

Burns-bass

This is the last bass I'm selling and the saddest to go.

According to Rob Allen himself, this is a Rob Allen Fretted Mouse #1181 - alder body, walnut top, walnut neck and Indian rosewood fretboard. (I'm not going to arge with him!). the wood is wonderful to look at, and sounds even better.

This was owned by the legend that is @Frank Blankwho had the pencil thin mandolin frets swapped for larger ones, giving better fretting and enabling you to use a wider range of strings.

The condition is excellent. There are two marks (pictured). The bass comes in the Rob Allen fitted hard case and the little booklet and some wax too.

This bass plays incredibly well, is light as a feather and is just beautifully made. So, why am I selling? I can't get on with short-scale basses, I need the money for a new business, and I'm getting back into playing double bass. 

This is strictly collection only, but I can drive and meet you somewhere if Bristol is a way to get to. I can't and won't send this (I can't insure it and I wont' risk this).

Price is £2200. This reflects the quality, rarity and the fact that these are hugely in demand now.

Pictures below. Anything else you need, let me know. 

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8100.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

IMG_8102.JPG

IMG_8103.JPG

IMG_8104.JPG

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I think I had the pleasure of playing this bass at the South East Bass Bash a few years ago and it was/is an absolute beauty of a bass. 

It's one of those instruments that, once you pick it up and start playing, you just don't want to put it down! 

GLWTS 👍😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

I think I had the pleasure of playing this bass at the South East Bass Bash a few years ago and it was/is an absolute beauty of a bass. 

It's one of those instruments that, once you pick it up and start playing, you just don't want to put it down! 

GLWTS 👍😊

You played my fretless version Sir.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

You played my fretless version Sir.

If it was the fretless then @Frank Blank, then the term 'Played' might need to be  reconsidered, as it's way too flattering! 'Pawed' might be a more accurate description.. 😬😁😂

Nonetheless, it was an absolutely beautiful instrument as I'm sure this one is.. 

• Like 1

• Burns-bass changed the title to Rob Allen Mouse - 30" - Rare Fretted - Sold :-(
  • Hamster locked this topic