Why become a member? Ɨ
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rob Allen Mouse - 30" - Rare Fretted - Sold :-(
Ā£2200
Bristol

Burns-bass

This is the last bass I'm selling and the saddest to go.

Ā 

According to Rob Allen himself, this is a Rob Allen Fretted Mouse #1181 - alder body,Ā walnut top, walnut neckĀ andĀ Indian rosewood fretboard. (I'm not going to arge with him!). the wood is wonderful to look at, and sounds even better.

Ā 

This was owned by the legend that is @Frank Blankwho had the pencil thin mandolin frets swapped for larger ones, giving better fretting and enabling you to use a wider range of strings.

Ā 

The condition is excellent. There are two marks (pictured). The bass comes in the Rob Allen fitted hard case and the little booklet and some wax too.

Ā 

This bass plays incredibly well, is light as a feather and is just beautifully made. So, why am I selling? I can't get on with short-scale basses, I need the money for a new business, and I'm getting back into playing double bass.Ā 

Ā 

This is strictly collection only, but I can drive and meet you somewhere if Bristol is a way to get to. I can't and won't send this (I can't insure it and I wont' risk this).

Ā 

Price is Ā£2200. This reflects the quality, rarity and the fact that these are hugely in demand now.

Ā 

Pictures below. Anything else you need, let me know.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8100.JPG

IMG_8101.JPG

IMG_8102.JPG

IMG_8103.JPG

IMG_8104.JPG

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I think I had the pleasure of playing this bass at the South East Bass Bash a few years ago and it was/is an absolute beauty of a bass.Ā 

Ā 

It's one of those instruments that, once you pick it up and start playing, you just don't want to put it down!Ā 

Ā 

GLWTS šŸ‘šŸ˜Š

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

I think I had the pleasure of playing this bass at the South East Bass Bash a few years ago and it was/is an absolute beauty of a bass.Ā 

Ā 

It's one of those instruments that, once you pick it up and start playing, you just don't want to put it down!Ā 

Ā 

GLWTS šŸ‘šŸ˜Š

You played my fretless version Sir.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

You played my fretless version Sir.

If it was the fretless then @Frank Blank, then the term 'Played' might need to beĀ  reconsidered, as it's way too flattering! 'Pawed' might be a more accurate description.. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Nonetheless, it was an absolutely beautiful instrument as I'm sure this one is..Ā 

• Like 1

• Burns-bass changed the title to Rob Allen Mouse - 30" - Rare Fretted - Sold :-(
  • Hamster locked this topic