Why become a member? ×

First ever audition

Linus27

Singer just phoned me to say that he is really pleased I am up for joining the band. He said the whole band were really impressed with my playing and I seemed to be a really good fun guy who seemed to be really enjoying playing the songs. For him he said, he was really impressed with how quick I locked in with the drummer and thats when the light came on for him that I was right. Thats cool for me as their drummer is bloody amazing and probably the best drummer I have ever played with. He's on another level to what I am used to working with and I hope it will improve my playing along the way.

I'm really happy that I did the audition with fingers also. First time playing live with fingers after playing for 20 years with a pick. All that practise last year at home has so payed off. I just need to really work on technique. Still feels very odd when playing on the E string. Feels like my finger is in no mans land floating despite resting my thumb on the pickups sometimes. The A, D and G are ok as resting my thumb on the string above feels so natural, its just the E thats feels a bit weird. Oh, more practise :):)

[quote name='Linus27' post='455481' date='Apr 6 2009, 02:23 PM']Thats cool for me as their drummer is bloody amazing and probably the best drummer I have ever played with. He's on another level to what I am used to working with and I hope it will improve my playing along the way.[/quote]

You lucky, lucky boy.

I have an audition tomorrow night. I'm hoping they have a great drummer. If he's good, it doesn't really matter how bad the guitarists are; if he's bad, it doesn't matter how good they are ;-)

Bloody great, Linus! If only all things were as smooth as you made that :)

I live in Ealing, you should have asked about traffic, I could have given you some cheeky cut throughs. It's probably a friend of mine's rehearsal studios they use too. I think it's the only one in Ealing.

Congratulations!!

[quote name='bremen' post='455577' date='Apr 6 2009, 03:40 PM']You lucky, lucky boy.

I have an audition tomorrow night. I'm hoping they have a great drummer. If he's good, it doesn't really matter how bad the guitarists are; if he's bad, it doesn't matter how good they are ;-)[/quote]

Good luck to you too, Bremen!

[quote name='bremen' post='455577' date='Apr 6 2009, 03:40 PM']You lucky, lucky boy.

I have an audition tomorrow night. I'm hoping they have a great drummer. If he's good, it doesn't really matter how bad the guitarists are; if he's bad, it doesn't matter how good they are ;-)[/quote]

Good luck. Hope it goes as well as mine did. Lots of great help in this thread. Well worth a read again.

[quote name='silddx' post='455596' date='Apr 6 2009, 03:52 PM']Bloody great, Linus! If only all things were as smooth as you made that :)

I live in Ealing, you should have asked about traffic, I could have given you some cheeky cut throughs. It's probably a friend of mine's rehearsal studios they use too. I think it's the only one in Ealing.

Congratulations!![/quote]

The studio was Loz Vegas Music in Perivale. As for traffic, after Chiswick, I ended up going along the A4020, then cut up the B455 onto the B452, back on the B455, onto the A4127, then the A40 and then off at Perivale. Very lost but sort of followed thos roads and it worked out ok in the end despite the traffic. Only took 45 mins to get home :D

Do you know if there are any rehersal studios around Twickenham, Richmond etc??

• 4 months later...

[quote name='chris_b' post='455451' date='Apr 6 2009, 02:05 PM']Great news.
If you haven't got the gig it's usually no eye contact or chat and all over in 2 numbers. Have they any gigs lined up?[/quote]

Just to say, first gigged booked. Wednesday 26th August at the Boileroom in Guildford. Should be a cracking night and hope to see some fellow basschatters there. Really excited as I get to play my new Lakland Darryl Jones and Genz Benz Shuttle 6 rig for the first time ever. If any basschatters do make it down, come and say hi.

[quote name='Linus27' post='565752' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:06 AM']Just to say, first gigged booked. Wednesday 26th August at the Boileroom in Guildford. Should be a cracking night and hope to see some fellow basschatters there. Really excited as I get to play my new Lakland Darryl Jones and Genz Benz Shuttle 6 rig for the first time ever. If any basschatters do make it down, come and say hi.[/quote]

Nice one. Back to playing live at last eh?
Ive only just seen this thread so not read it all yet but very pleased for you.
I'll be working so cant make it but good luck.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='565765' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:17 AM']Nice one. Back to playing live at last eh?
Ive only just seen this thread so not read it all yet but very pleased for you.
I'll be working so cant make it but good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Dave. Hopefully we will be playing in your neck of the woods soon.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='573309' date='Aug 18 2009, 06:36 PM']Away on holiday for that gig I'm afraid - I'll try to catch you next time.

Want to hear that DJ being played properly. :)

Good luck, and enjoy.[/quote]

Properly? You do realise its me playing it :rolleyes: :lol:

Totally loving the DJ. Will never sell it unless I have a personality transplant. Love playing it. By the way, I still have not found the 1% in-perfection with it. I have noticed some of the varnish on the back of the neck really high up has fadded away though. Is that the 1% in-perfection?

No worries, will let you know when we are playing again and hope you have a great holiday.