Why become a member? ×

Little Feat in Gateshead

voodoobassman

[quote name='voodoobassman' post='449390' date='Mar 30 2009, 12:45 PM']To those who appreciate great music and some killer bass lines, I've just received my latest Sage newsletter and see that my all time favourites, American legendary band Little Feat are on at the Sage in Gateshead on May 11th. Should NOT be missed.[/quote]
I'm up for that. Had a ticket for last tour but was crook and didn't make it.

From their website .. Sadly not very close to me :)

Friday, May 8th, 2009indig02
London, England

Saturday, May 9th, 2009O2 Academy
Liverpool, England

Sunday, May 10th, 2009O2 Academy
Oxford, England

Monday, May 11th, 2009The Sage - Hall One
Gateshead, England

Tuesday, May 12th, 2009ABC
Glasgow, Scotland

Wednesday, May 13th, 2009The Academy
Dublin, Ireland

Saw them last year in Holmfirth and met most of them prior to the gig: unfortunately they don't do a lot of the classic material and persist with "Don't Bogarde that Joint" which I found just plain lame. I wonder when Lowell George will rejoin them.....?
Having seen the original band twice in the 70's, I'm going to stick with my memories even though this line up is still better than most bands out there today!

Edited by yorks5stringer

I remember going to my prospective parents in law and saying "we have something to tell you and it's to do with Little Feat".LOL We were going to Manchester to see them , also the Doobies? and Montrose were on too. Warners brought 6 bands over and mixed and matched the lineups: never forget that Tower of Power were on the other lineup.....

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='449569' date='Mar 30 2009, 03:51 PM']I remember going to my prospective parents in law and saying "we have something to tell you and it's to do with Little Feat".LOL We were going to Manchester to see them , also the Doobies? and Montrose were on too. Warners brought 6 bands over and mixed and matched the lineups: never forget that Tower of Power were on the other lineup.....[/quote]

Ooooh! I remember that tour - caught them at the Rainbow in Finsbury.

Y'know what? I didn't get it. I was more into Cheap Trick & AC/DC at the time. :)

Ahhh ... I was only young. Gimme a break.