Why become a member? ×

Dean Markley/JHS Contact

Cosmo Valdemar

Does anybody have a email or telephone number for John Hornby Skewes? I bought a set of Dean Markley Blue Steels that has a duff E string.

I emailed Dean Markley who apologised and suggested I contact JHS, but couldn't give me an email address. The JHS website isn't much help - I've messaged them via Facebook as suggested but no reply. 

1 hour ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I emailed Dean Markley who apologised 

That's a positive... I emailed DR three times about a duff G in the Black Beauties I bought and didn't get a thing in response. Guess who's never buying DRs again? :) 

The JHS website shows this as their registered office:
  John Hornby Skewes & Co. Ltd.
  Salem House, Parkinson Approach, Garforth, Leeds LS25 2HR, UK.

Tel: +44 (0) 113 286 5381

But it also says: "Please note, as TRADE ONLY distributors we do not sell direct to the general public". Will that affect your string issue? From whom did you actually buy them? 

Good luck (I think you'll need it)

Please note, as TRADE ONLY distributors we do not sell direct to the general public.

All products contained within the JHS website are available throughout the UK and ROI from all good music stores and online retailers.

If you experience any difficulty in obtaining the products you require please complete the Contact Us form below.

Specifications, colours, package contents and pricing are subject to change without prior notice.

Registered office:
John Hornby Skewes & Co. Ltd.
Salem House, Parkinson Approach, Garforth, Leeds LS25 2HR, UK.

Tel: +44 (0) 113 286 5381

Sorry - Rich has already done this ! (grovel grovel)

😎

Edited by taunton-hobbit

Let's add JHS to the 'great customer service' list... just got this email from them:

JHS is the UK/EU distributor for Dean Markley strings.

We are sorry to hear that you have received a set of bass strings with a defective E string.

If you can confirm to us the product code of the string set you purchased from amazon, then we can provide you a brand new set free of charge.

Also let us have your address so we can post the set out to you asap.

Thank you for contacting us!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Let's add JHS to the 'great customer service' list... just got this email from them:

JHS is the UK/EU distributor for Dean Markley strings.

We are sorry to hear that you have received a set of bass strings with a defective E string.

If you can confirm to us the product code of the string set you purchased from amazon, then we can provide you a brand new set free of charge.

Also let us have your address so we can post the set out to you asap.

Thank you for contacting us!

Well done JHS. They are a great company to deal with. Their current MD used to be a sales rep for them back in the late 80s early 90s.