Why become a member? ×

SPECTOR NS-5XL for sale... Taking Offers 1700-2000 EUR

Guest BassKS

Guest BassKS

A mate of mine asked me if I could put this up for sale for him as he's not in this country. I will however be going to see my folks in May so if anyone can wait till then and is ready to take on this beast from the east, please do. Having said that, the model is US made not the Czech stuff.

EDIT:
Guys Im really sorry but the price has been changed to 2000eur shipped which is still less than half price. The guy has been eyeing up a 68 Jazz in FYRO Macedonia and would like to buy that. As I said Im acting as a mediator and if moderators think this is cheeky in any way, please let me know and Ill EBAY it.
I wanted to let the whole forum know before the word gets out that im dealing behind the hedges (thats where the term hedge fund comes from).
when you compare it the standard price from Spector website which is 5,600 USD, its a steal.
This is the blurb from the owner, and hes put in a Gary Willis ramp to get a bit more out of it.

Spector NS-5XL
Buckeye Burl Top
3+2 Ebony Laminate Headstock
3 Piece Maple Neck (Neck-Thru)
24 Fret, 35" Scale
Pau Ferro Fingerboard
Abalone Crown Fingerboard Inlays
Side Dot Inlays
Walnut Body
EMG Active Pickups
Spector Tone Pump Circuit (active treble, bass) 18v
Gold Hardware

Edited by BassKS

Hmmn ................. at the old rates I'd have torn your arm off for that bass, but we're on a hiding to nothing buying anything in Euros right now. back when the Euro was worth about 64p that would have cost less than £1100!

Still a great deal of course, but more than I have spare.

Guest BassKS

Tis a beaut. The thing is this guy has most of the good basses in Balkans no joke. Hes very well off and is a session bassist which means he may get a bass for one recording/touring and realise that the next thing might require a different bass. One thing that never leaves his rig is his own spec' Sadowsky 5er.

Im relocating and trying to shift my warwick otherwise Id take it. 35" scale on B string would be immense.

[quote name='molan' post='448156' date='Mar 28 2009, 03:51 PM']Loving that buckeye burl top :)[/quote]

Im a big fan of spectors, having had a NS5 XL water cured job, and now a Rebop zebrano, all fantastic quality and amazing sound weather EU made or US. I think these should be given more respect and most who buy one wonder why the hell they never had one before!

Good luck with this sale,

Rich.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='greyparrot' post='448211' date='Mar 28 2009, 05:21 PM']Im a big fan of spectors, having had a NS5 XL water cured job, and now a Rebop zebrano, all fantastic quality and amazing sound weather EU made or US. I think these should be given more respect and most who buy one wonder why the hell they never had one before!

Good luck with this sale,

Rich.[/quote]

Thanks Rich. Im in such a pain to see something like this go and not be able to buy it. I decided I need to shift my gear, not make more it. Im being good.

Guest BassKS

theres some intrerest from europe mainland. with euro doing so well (or badly for us) this bass will be sold for peanuts. dont know whether i should be sad that i cant afford it or happy that i did my mate a favour.

Guest BassKS

Hi guys,

Pleaseread the top

Moderators:

If you think I have done anything wrong that is not in compliance with the rules of this forum, let me know and Ill take it off instantly. Thanks

Guest BassKS

Yeah, thats true but its only been here for two days. Basses reside here for weeks if not onths before somebody sees their dream come true

[quote name='BassKS' post='449301' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:13 AM']Yeah, thats true but its only been here for two days. Basses reside here for weeks if not onths before somebody sees their dream come true[/quote]

Good point :rolleyes:

Only other thing I'd say is that some of the comments people have made about the price & relative value don't refer to the current advertised one, obviously not a big deal but could be slightly misleading.

Sorry - spot the person who works with the advertising standards authority all the time :)

Hah! someone should have snapped it up at the original price!

To be honest, you'd be better off starting a new thread and getting a clean break from the old price. I don't think that it'll sell here though, really expensive kit doesn't seem to shift at the moment.

[quote name='Golchen' post='449316' date='Mar 30 2009, 11:31 AM']Hah! someone should have snapped it up at the original price!

To be honest I don't think that it'll sell here though, really expensive kit doesn't seem to shift at the moment.[/quote]

Except for wal basses!!!

Guest BassKS

No not really. He reckons that the loss that he's making should be no more than half price. There have been quite I few people interested, in fact one of them asked me for paypal address to send the money (not happy since it takes 4%) but i had to increase the price as instructed.

Recession hit this country but the rest of Europe has a fair bit of cash willing to spend. I havent, Id have this bass and sell my streamer stage I.

Edited by BassKS

Guest BassKS

Bump with considering offers between 1700 and 2000 eur. the person who made the cash offer has disappeared into thin air.