Why become a member? ×

Bobby Vega.

bubinga5

You're correct about the EMGs. It's surprising about them, because you'd think they'd be harsh and clinical and not at all vintage sounding (whatever that means) but here is Bobby, along with Guy Pratt and Dave Gilmour, proving that that is not the case.

Love this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Always blown away by his playing. I don't think I've heard anyone play like him. Expressive, unique. A great 70's Jazz bass tone.  Although I think he's got some EMG's in that bass to give it that extra hifi clarity and punch... 

S'all in the fingers, innit ... R91KekF.gif

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

S'all in the fingers, innit ... R91KekF.gif

Or the pick.

Bobby is the pure essence of funk, no matter how he achieves his music, it is just so funky. The way he moves around, even seated, is testament to this. Love that guy. He was tremendous at the LBGS a few years back, I started using a pick far more from that day onward.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Or the pick.

Bobby is the pure essence of funk, no matter how he achieves his music, it is just so funky. The way he moves around, even seated, is testament to this. Love that guy. He was tremendous at the LBGS a few years back, I started using a pick far more from that day onward.

He could be playing my Hofner Verithin, and maybe even with his toes, he'd still sound splendid. Top Fellow, in my book, and with, apparently, very little 'side'. :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

He could be playing my Hofner Verithin, and maybe even with his toes, he'd still sound splendid. Top Fellow, in my book, and with, apparently, very little 'side'. :sun_bespectacled:

Exactly how he comes over in the flesh. And the things and times he’s seen. If he had a biography, it’d make fabulous reading if his stories are anything to go by.

• Like 1