Linus27

Limelight 1960 Stack Knob Fretless Jazz bass in Sherwood Green **Price Reduced to £750**
£850
Camberley, Surrey

Posted (edited)

For sale is my gorgeous Limelight 1960 Stack Knob Fretless Jazz bass in Sherwood Green with medium relic. I had this made by Mark at Limelight to my specifications. As with all Limelight basses it sounds and plays beautifully.

Details are,

• Unlined Ebony Fretless neck 38mm nut width.
  • Hand rolled finger board.
  • Aged nitro finish on the neck.
  • Parchment scratchplate.
  • Gotoh Vintage reverse tuners.
  • Aged finish in nitro-cellulose.
  • Lightly tarnished metal work.
  • Stack knobs.
  • Earth grounding strip from bridge to bridge pick up.
  • Mute holes.
  • Thumb Rest (Below strings).
  • Hootenanny button on the back of the headstock.
  • Period correct Fender logo.
  • Weight 4.3kg

Limelight make wonderful replica Fender basses and this one is no exception. Sounds and plays beautifully. It's very hard to photograph Sherwood Green as in some photos it looks green and in others it looks blue. So the last photo is next to a blue pot and a green pot which helps show the true colour of the bass.

I paid £1123 for this at the start of 2020 and it has never been gigged or even left the house. Price is £750, based in Camberley, Surrey and UK shipping included.

Would consider trades for the following,

Fender Precision American Vintage Reissue 62 or 57 in Sunburst or White with cash your way.

Fender Precision American Standard 2008 onwards (high mass bridge, lightweight Hipshot tuners and knurled chrome flat-top controls) in Sunburst with Rosewood neck.

Fender American Performer Precision.

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 8

A couple of questions

Is that an Ebony board and what weight does this come in at ?

cheers

7 minutes ago, deepbass5 said:

A couple of questions

Is that an Ebony board and what weight does this come in at ?

cheers

Hiya,

Yes to an Ebony board and the weight is 4.3kg. Sorry I should of added to original listing, all updated now.

Lovely bass.. not currently in the market for a fretless but if I was this would be it.. bloody gorgeous beast! 

• Like 1

Price dropped to £800 now.

Would consider trades for the following,

Fender Precision American Vintage Reissue 62 or 57 in Sunburst or White with cash your way.

Fender Precision American Standard 2008 onwards (high mass bridge, lightweight Hipshot tuners and knurled chrome flat-top controls) in Sunburst or White with Rosewood neck.

Fender American Performer Precision.

Still available and price reduced to £750 which includes shipping in the UK.

Would also consider trades for the following,

Fender Precision American Vintage Reissue 62 or 57 in Sunburst or White with cash your way.

Fender Precision American Standard 2008 onwards (high mass bridge, lightweight Hipshot tuners and knurled chrome flat-top controls) in Sunburst or White with Rosewood neck.

Fender American Performer Precision.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By skb558
      For Sale £1650 shipped
      Lovely Roscoe Century 4 Fretless purchased from Bass Direct. Comes with soft case.
      Only room for one fretless in the house.
      Roscoe have built a reputation over 30 years of making some of the finest custom basses in the USA. Here is a Century shape bass with an beautiful quilted maple top over a resonant Spanish Cedar body, a Diamondwood fingerboard and three piece maple neck. The bass is finished off with a Bartolini 3 band preamp with switchable low/high mid for great control over fretless tones adding either more or less honk or more or less warmth and the superb Bartolini JJ pickups in the JB position for a really inspirational bass full of punchy tones with real depth, control and plenty of mwaaah!
      Three piece Spanish Cedar Body
      Flamed Maple top
      Finish - Amberburst satin
      Three piece Maple neck with contrasting stringers
      Fingerboard - Lined Black Diamondwood (resin, pressure impregnated wood)
      Graphtech nut
      34" Scale
      Bartolini 3-band pre amp with volume, pan, treble/bass stack, mid/mid freq select push/pull (250/800hz)
      Bartolini JJ Pickup in the JB position
      Black ultralight Gotoh tuners
      Black Hipshot B style bridge in Aluminium
      Strings: D'Addario EXL Nickel 45 - 105
      TKL Pro Case (soft)
      Weight: 3.7kg/8lb 1oz

• By waveydavy
      Fender neck plate with gasket and screws. Used, some scuffing. See photos
    • By musicbassman
      This is my Squier Vintage Modified five-string Jazz Bass. I bought this a couple of years ago to see if I wanted to change to a five string, but having played a four string bass for the last 50 years I have to accept I’m too old to change now !  I first advertised this on here just before lockdown but now there's possibly a light at the end of the Covid tunnel it's back up for sale.
      It dates from 2017, is all original and everything works perfectly. Strings were new on when I bought it (Rotosound medium gauge roundwounds) and as it’s only had very light home use they are still very bright. Pickups are loud and clean and there is a huge tone range on the instrument. It's a lot of bass for the money.
      The scratchplate shown was already fitted when it was purchased. There are a few minor marks and chips on the finish which are shown in the pics, these are cosmetic only and came with the bass when I bought it. Instrument comes with a hard case which is very solid and serviceable.
      You can arrange for this to be sent to you by courier if you wish, it's in a good solid case so should be fine, your responsibility to arrange this. Preferably the buyer collects from Chichester where I live or you could collect from London. (My son lives in London at Fulham and you can easily collect it from there by arrangement)
      Here’s the original sales information:
      Squier's five-string Vintage Modified Jazz Bass® V has a handsome white gloss finish, a soft maple body and one-piece maple neck with sharp-looking, elegant black binding and block inlays. Offering flexibility for today's modern styles that demand a deep low end, this bass offers superior sound and feel for the five-string bassist, with excellent Squier performance and value. Featuring a Soft maple body, Vintage-tint maple neck with “C”-shaped profile, 20-fret fingerboard with black binding and black block inlays, Dual Fender®-designed single-coil Jazz Bass pickups, Black pickguard, Five-string standard vintage-style bridge with single-groove saddles. The neck on this model sports a vintage-tinted gloss finish for a highly desirable aged look. This model has a slightly thinner "C"-shaped neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) than most models, providing a fast, smooth and comfortable fret-hand feel. These Fender-designed pickups are full of growling, authentic Fender tone.
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass
      Body: Soft Maple
      Body Finish: Polyester sharp-looking black binding and block inlays
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
      Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
      Weight: 10lbs approx

• By petergales
      NOW ONLY £130!!!!!!
      For sale is my Ibanez GSR200BF. It has a lined fretless fingerboard and that playability that Ibanez basses are renowned for. Two volume controls and a master tone which can be enhanced by a bass boost control.
      The bass is in great condition but has picked up a couple of very small dings that I have tried to show in the pics. The neck has no damage at all.
      Selling because I’m after something else and so I have to apply the one-in-one-out rule.
      Ibanez no longer make this model so the nearest I could find that can be bought currently is this fretted one with this blurb from the company website:
      “The Ibanez GSR200B-WNF Bass Guitar embodies the same ethos of each bass created since the series' inception 25 years ago, that of the perfect marriage of form and functionality to provide a bass of exceptional playability and sound. The body of the Ibanez GSR200B WNF Bass Guitar has been carved to offer a comfortable playing experience and awesome looks, with its contoured design. This has been constructed from mahogany for it's warm, biting tone with well-rounded lows.

Adding playability to the comfort of the Ibanez GSR200BWNF's body is a GSR4 maple neck, topped by a rosewood fingerboard with medium frets and white dot inlays, and intonation kept stable by a B10 bridge. Delivering the strong voice, with a full low-end, of the Ibanez GSR200B-WNF Bass Guitar is a pair of PSND pickups, a Powersound P and Powersound J. This is combined with the Phat II EQ. This addition consists of four control knobs, giving you two individual volume controls, a master tone, and a bass boost, which gives you instant extra low-end grunt whenever you need.”
      I don’t have the packaging to be able to post so it has to be collection only although I could meet up within a reasonable distance (say 30 miles) from Leeds.
      No trades thank you.

• By Kizzie25
      Fender Jazz bass, Mexican 2016, 4 string. Maple neck with black block inlays and black bindings along fretboard. Natural finish. Great bass, sad to sell it but I'm married to my others and I'd prefer it was being played. Comes with hard case. First time seller on here so don't hesitate to let me know if you need some more info!