Why become a member? ×

***sold*** Harley Benton PB-50 Precision Bass
£50
Burntisland, Fife

uncle psychosis

Hi guys

I bought this a few years ago as a backup bass and its spent its entire life in a hiscox case in the wardrobe. Probably has 3 or 4 hours play on it, tops. Not for any bad reason - I bought it as a cheap backup that was just never required. I'm letting it go cheap because I'm trying to cut down my gear and reclaim some space. 

I *think* its a PB-50 model, its clearly based on a 50s precision anyway. The neck is chunky, it has a 50s style Wilkinson P pickup. It also came strung with D'addario strings. Pickup and strings alone must be pushing the asking price... 

Disclaimer time: this came from Thomann marked as a "deco" model which means it failed their QC in some way. The neck and body are marked with a D as a result. I have never been able to work out why it was marked in this fashion. The electronics work, the action and relief are OK, it plays fine. But I don't want to mislead anyone. 

The finish is remarkably good for a cheap bass. In the photos I took outside the scratchplate looks a bit blotchy - this is just fingerprints being shown off in the sun. I'll polish them off. 

I don't have a box big enough, and frankly postage would cost as much as I'm asking. Happy to put this "on hold" for someone trustworthy until lockdown lets us meet people outside so that it can be safely collected (from Burntisland, Fife). 

Complete Gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/OieitXh

QAgM5Na.jpg

Edited by uncle psychosis
Sold!
  • Like 2

Would love this but way to far away... 450 miles!

Would you consider posting 'Neck-Off'?

Great price considering import tax nonsense on a new one...

GLWS... Won't be around long if someones local.

Edited by PaulThePlug

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Would love this but way to far away... 450 miles!

Would you consider posting 'Neck-Off'?

Great price considering import tax nonsense on a new one...

GLWS... Won't be around long if someones local.

Erm... Hadn't thought about that but might be an option. 

Probably still struggling for a box though! 

• MB1 locked this topic