Why become a member? ×

Hello to you bass community

joseb84

Hi everyone! I think it's been about 3 years since I posted so thought a new introduction post was in order. I've played less or more seriously for about 10 years, having had a mostly classical music background learning piano and cello as a youngster. Most of my playing has been in church worship bands, but have also dabbled in a couple of original projects as well.

I'm sure like for most that bass playing opportunities have been minimal in the past 12 months. However I'm very much getting the itch to fall in love again with playing the bass and being in good shape to play collectively when normality of sorts finally does return. And thought there was no better place to come to reignite the passion than here!

I have a fairly simple set up at the moment with a 30" Jaguar going through a Zoom B3 and practice amp (usually direct to PA if playing publicly). Although the short neck is good for my slight and short build I am tempted by a good quality full length, but will post about that in the appropriate forum.

Really look forward to connecting again with the bass community 🙂

Edited by joseb84
Grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Good evening, José, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif

Thank you! And it's plain old Joe, but I think I might run with the Latin alter-ego. If not here then where 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1

Hello Jose, and welcome to BC.
If you're comfortable and happy with the 30" Jaguar - great. Some time back, I had a dabble on a Squier Vintage Modified SS Jaguar, and it was a great bass for the money (especially second-hand).

Before you buy a full scale length bass, it's always good to try a few... they can and do vary a lot
Of course, going in to guitar shops or going to try out second-hand basses on here isn't possible, or at least, very difficult atm.

My advice would be, try before you buy.... and try as many as you can. But this is part of the fun of playing IMO
Some good research and an "adventure" in your search for the best bass for you.

So welcome to playing bass, welcome to BC and enjoy your adventure
PS. Many of us on here spend way too much time browsing the markeplace for that "ideal" bass ;) 

• Like 1