Why become a member? ×

2009 Fender US Jazz - * SOLD & BC DONATION MADE *

Clarky

Persuaded myself I needed a Jazz to match my P-bass and so bought one last month (5 Feb 2009) - its a 2009 MIA black with rosewood neck, to which I have added a WD tort s/p (have white Fender original still) and TI Flats. Never gigged, bedroom use only. No dings, scratches, nada, basically a minter. All in cost £875

NB, Pics below were taken on very bright day and so have reflections on the high gloss body, best pic is one is in middle.

[attachment=22448:clarky_basses_082.JPG][attachment=22449:clarky_basses_085.JPG][attachment=22450:cl
arky_basses_084.JPG]

Basic problem is, try as I might, I cannot get on with the narrow J neck (doh) whereas I absolutely lurve the neck on my white 2009 MIA Precision.

Edit (14 April): need to sell this as have ordered a Shuker JJ Burnel - woohoo!

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

As no trade offers have been forthcoming I will have to sell this to buy what I'm after ....

So does anyone want this absolutely mint 2009 bass for a discount to new price? All-in cost to me was £810 (bass) +£30 (WD s/p) +£35 (new TI Flats) = £875

£775 posted or £750 collected from London (Hammersmith area). Means I've dropped £100-odd in just over a month, clever boy. Look on it as me taking the immediate no-longer-in-the-shop depreciation for you! As a consequence of latter, no paypal please due to fees (unless you want to pay them).

I have only ever sold great basses (check feedback from Jonthebass, Nick "Old Horse" Murphy, Jono Bolton and Martin Lee) and this is no exception

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='steve-soar' post='447684' date='Mar 27 2009, 08:03 PM']God, that's a nice piece of ass.[/quote]
Thanks, unfortunately as asses go its a bit skinny for me - prefer a bigger booty'd P-bass :)

Edited by Clarky

Would also do for £725 posted/£700 collected if I put back on the Fender white s/p and the stock Fender strings, ie, put it back to how it arrived in February (and I keep the tort s/p and the TI Flats)

PS, goes without saying that it comes in the new 2008/9 Fender SKB case with all the case candy, all minty fresh

Edited by Clarky

As I need to sell this fairly fast to free up funds to buy what I have in mind I'm afraid have had to go the eBay route [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130297005438"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130297005438[/url]

Didn't sell on eBay - darn, I need the money for a bass on order

Anyone interested in making a reasonable offer (in region of £750)?

Seriously this is completely as new and upgraded - as in earlier post, will also lower price if I put it back to standard issue s/p and strings

Edited by Clarky

New price £750 posted in upgraded form or £700 posted with original white scratchplate and Fender strings (ie, stock)

£20 off each price if collected, rather than posted

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='452007' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:30 PM']New price £750 posted in upgraded form or £700 posted with original white scratchplate and Fender strings (ie, stock)

£20 off each price if collected, rather than posted[/quote]
For visualisation purposes, this is a Fender photo of what the bass looks like in stock form

[attachment=23185:jazz.jpg]

[quote name='josh3184' post='452214' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:41 AM']hope this sells soon mate, lovely bass- black with tortoiseshell is a wonderful combo![/quote]
Thanks Josh, I have earmarked the proceeds (and a load extra on top!) for my dream bass, a Shuker JJ Burnel (which I hope to have confirmed by Jon S tomorrow)

Off indulging in my other great passion, snowboarding, for 9 days on Saturday. So will not be checking PMs or FS thread from Friday evening onwards.

Anyone interested in this bass, I will get back to them after the Easter bank holiday weekend.

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

• 2 weeks later...

Back from snowboarding bump!

To save reading whole thread, price is now dropped to £750 posted in upgraded form (ie, with WD tort scratchplate fitted and TI Flats) or £700 posted with original white scratchplate and Fender strings (ie, stock)

£20 off each price if collected, rather than posted. I live near Hammersmith, West London

Edited by Clarky

• 2 weeks later...