Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN SR4 and MIA P bass

martthebass

This is a feeler at this stage. I thought I had my bass collection well and truly sorted but then a change of band circumstances comes and rains on the proverbial parade. Due to this I'm looking to consolidate 2 really good 4 stringers into 1 exceptional one leaving me with just one 4er and one 5er (maybe then they'll be room for a mandolin squeezed between the boxes).

The MIA P is one of the nicest P's I've played. Until this band situation I was looking to trade this for a fretless Jazz - that's a bit of a redundant thought now.
This is black on black, a 2004 MIA model (with the redundant S1 - I just keep it in P mode) and is in great condition with just a couple of nicks in the headstock and some minor lacquer scratches which you'd really need to look for. HSC and case candy is intact. [b]I'd be looking for £550 for this.[/b]

The Ray4 is metallic red (sorry don't know the paint name), a 2005 3EQ version with maple board. The neck has a nice flamed figuring which isn't always present on a modern Ray. I don't have the HSC for this bass so it would be provided with a new Warwick Rockbag. [b]Because of this it's collection or meet up only and £600ish.[/b] The condition is mint apart from a small lacquer scuff on the back of the lower horn whichwas there when I got it.

Cheers, Mart

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='440983' date='Mar 21 2009, 11:29 AM']Cheers Chris.

Something small and graphity Josh[/quote]

"Streamlining" your collection eh Mart? :)

Mart is a lovely guy and very easy to deal with. The P bass is also a fantastic instrument and once long ago belonged to me.

Good luck Mart

[quote name='martthebass' post='442265' date='Mar 23 2009, 10:36 AM']Hmmm...I can see the Market is a bit flooded with rays and precisions at the mo so I'll give this one last bump before shelving the idea for a while.[/quote]
Would a Sandberg ken taylor 5 string be of any interest?

[quote name='MB1' post='445482' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:52 PM']MB1. :)
............... That Stingrays Very Sexiful Bond San!
...BUMP![/quote]

Many thanks my Mancunian friend.

After a lot of soul searching, I've decided that, for the moment this SR4 will be staying with me. If it was a pound lighter it it would be my ideal bass, but I guess that's close enough for Jazz - at least until I can identify that elusive something that could replace it.

The P bass though looks like it will be changing colour and losing some frets....