Why become a member? ×

Updated bass pics

Stingray5

Went a bit mad the other day and had a bit of a marathon pic-fest.
Here's a selection:

PART 1

MusicMan StingRay5 - killer bass!

MusicMan StingRay fretless (tort guard removed - see-thru guard to come)

Fender USA Jazz

A pair of Westone Thunder IIA's (fretted and fretless)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='440129' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:29 AM']Hard to think of a sound you couldn't make or a gig you couldn't play with that lot.

Nice - partic. liking the fretless 'ray[/quote]

True enough, DD.
The 'Ray5 and the Jazz probably come out with me on most gigs plus a fretless on occasion.
That said I'll try and do a rotation to include the Tune and Westone's when I can. They only start sulking otherwise! :)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='440229' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:47 PM']Not a huge MM fan especially 5 strings, but this one looks lovely with the bit of mojo going on, looks well played and better for it IMHO[/quote]
Absolutely right. She plays great!
The dark patch on the back has grown and deepened with years of gigging.

[quote name='obi 2 kenobi' post='440237' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:57 PM']The MM5 looks ace.

Love the Westones. Always wanted to get a Thunder III when I first started playing[/quote]
I tell ya, those Westone's really are something too.
The range of tones is amazing, especially when active; from ball-busting-bass to the thinnest, whiniest treble!

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Yeh, Josh3184, the Tune is vaguely similar to the Alembic, the upper horn side moreso.
I've had the fretless Westone since the mid 80's. I also had the fretted version too but I sold that in the mid-90's to fund the StingRay5. I always wanted another Westone and I was more than pleased to have recently found one of exactly the same type on Ebay. A nice pair indeed! :)