Why become a member? ×

Greetings all

Meatbag

I’ve been a bass player on but more off since 1980. I’ve played guitar for decades as my first and foremost waste of time and money but rediscovered my love for all things bass around a year ago when I was diagnosed at 55 with Raynaud’s syndrome in my hands. (A painful condition that affects circulation and often leaves me unable to feel anything in my fingers making guitar playing and macrame/embroidery pretty redundant pastimes).

So, i sold most of my 6 strings and I dragged my old 4003 out of the loft. I found I could still do a bit to amuse myself and got back into all things low-end.

I do like pottering with rebuilds and refinishes and recently purchased a Vigier from Geddy’s Nose on this very forum (a top bloke and talented refinished himself) as a work in progress (but he’s done such a good job there’s not much I can improve upon.

Here’s to a brighter 2021. Wishing you all as good a festive break as you can make of it.

Andy

• Like 2

Thanks. Only in the 6 string department I’m afraid. I’ve got a 1964 Hofner Galaxie on the go at the moment, and a recently done 1980 Aria Pro2 600

I refinished a hand made bass a couple of years ago and now my son is in the process of re-doing it all over again to his own standard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2020 at 18:13, Meatbag said:

I was diagnosed at 55 with Raynaud’s syndrome in my hands. (A painful condition that affects circulation and often leaves me unable to feel anything in my fingers

I have had this for 40 years, ruddy nuisance!  The best solution I find is to stay warm all over, if your core is warm then you don't get the trigger signal to shut down the circulation in your extremeties. Warm hat, gilet, good shoes - all make as much difference as gloves.