Hellzero

!!! SOLD !!! KRAMER The Duke Deluxe Trans Red, 1981, no Hondo Alien, £399 GBP delivered (see ad) !!!
£399
Etalle, South Belgium

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

KRAMER The Duke Deluxe Trans Red, 1981, no Hondo Alien !!!

NO TRADES !

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £399 GBP !!!

In fully working condition, fully original (except for the added strap button for better balance, one tuner and the two knobs) and in very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :

Body : flamed maple (very hard to photograph)

Neck : aluminium with flamed maple inserts and perfect neck joint

Fingerboard : ebonol (bakelite, in fact) with aluminium side and front dots

Frets : 24 (slightly marked)

Headstock : none as it's a headless

Pickup : 1 original DiMarzio Twin Jazz

Controls : volume, tone, 3 positions switch for parallel / split / series

Tuners : 3 unbranded + 1 Gotoh

Bridge : original Schaller 3D-4

Strings spacing at bridge : 18.5 mm

Nut : none with zero fret

Strings spacing at nut : 11.5 mm

Knobs : 2 non original metal dome

Scale : 30.5 inches

Hardware colour : chrome and aluminium

Truss rod : none and perfect very slight relief whatever strings gauge you may put

Finish : high gloss trans red

Land of craftsmanship : USA

Serial number : B1577

Year : 1981

Weight : 3.665 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Kramer hard case in bad condition and a RockBag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario Nickel Round Wound EXL220 strings (40 - 60 - 75 - 95).

This bass, despite its age, is still very modern sounding. There is no skid pad on this one and it seems that there's never been one.

Link to the Kramer vintage aluminium page : http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the fantastic condition for an almost 40 years old bass (only very small blemishes at the rear of the neck and some dings and scratches, plus a relocated at the front strap button leaving a small hole) ! All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ODMfzU3efWttew2JpAbaNZv2hTHZMom1?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

1456575135_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(1).thumb.jpg.a0a37f23a873fba3a02577404be066c3.jpg

617775110_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(2).thumb.jpg.6d7d7916bece99b9205c40e3fd963a7b.jpg

588732572_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(3).thumb.jpg.65e51e7476f4721b7e8e0ea8843ea976.jpg

604512394_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(8).thumb.jpg.96d0c2a8d9416326924fe274be32144f.jpg

629691064_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(9).thumb.jpg.26aac3bd03ff8f67ee1ba4e937c91571.jpg

1600954942_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(10).thumb.jpg.b7051fe1b2673d3affe1786a2e751a39.jpg

1957313757_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(12).thumb.jpg.643d722f02239dc93695a0dd7a15a17e.jpg

758944834_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(19).thumb.jpg.93b6c637e7835296cd25bbbd61ac923d.jpg

694565010_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(20).thumb.jpg.a4b50d225fea0c9ed62041aa8d08ba1f.jpg

86569995_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(23).thumb.jpg.a919732eb8dc7180490771a619c8b8ae.jpg

2141058898_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(27).thumb.jpg.de6aeaa1053118e69624233b1cc5b9ee.jpg

858361675_KramerTheDukeDeluxeTransRed1981(28).thumb.jpg.146874aabda384b68972e1a0f83fa9f8.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 6

They make a great noise, these :) - almost like a guitar stepped down through an octaver.

Good luck with your sale!

• Thanks 1

I’d sooooooo love this.......:x     Isn’t the p/up a Schaller rather than a DiMarzio?    Anyway, GLWTS and by the time I’ve decided to buy it will undoubtedly have gone.....:|

• Thanks 1

I would have said Schaller too, but according to all the literature I can find, it's stated as DiMarzio...

Edited by Hellzero
Find not found...

Done deal Tony, I won't even pretend to resist.

PM incoming.

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Superb looking, playing and sounding WARRIOR Dran Michael 4 (DM4) Custom Neck Through Signature with loads of options like wider strings spacing, inlays and higher grade woods.

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £2299 GBP !!! Todays price for a similar bass with all the options : at least $8000 USD or around £6000 GBP !

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra huge customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 2 wings of swamp ash (DM selected high grade woods)
      Top : holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Neck : 3 pieces through neck with holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Fingerboard : holographic birdseye maple (DM selected high quality woods) with mother of pearl birds inlays, mother of pearl sword inlay and mother of pearl "2005" inlay on the side (black side dots seem to have been added afterwards as there are traces of mother of pearl dots or it's been chosen by the original owner. It is also signed at the back of the headstock by ... Marcus MILLER)
      Frets : 24 in stainless steel
      Headstock : 2 + 2 with flamed maple top and mother of pearl inlays
      Pickups :  2 Warrior/Bartolini humbuckers (Jazz in bridge position and Fatboy in neck position)
      Preamp : Warrior/Bartolini NTMB-918F 3 bands EQ (18 Volts)
      Controls : volume, blend, mids (active/passive switch), stacked treble and bass plus 3 positions switch for the mids frequency (Neutrik locking jack)
      Tuners : Warrior/Gotoh
      Bridge : brass Warrior/Hipshot A Style
      Strings spacing at bridge : 22 mm (adjustable)
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 12 mm
      Knobs : original metal with mother of pearl inlays dome
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold and you'll get the Dunlop Straplok® flush mount 24 KT gold that you can see in the case pocket
      Truss rod : one fully working
      Finish : high gloss trans orange-stain (see hand writing in the neck pickup cavity) and hand rubbed “Anointed Oil” for the neck
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : 04 852
      Year : 2005
      Weight : 3.785 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original unbranded fake crocodile skin hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with two new batteries and a (now used) set of D'Addario Nickel EXL165 strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105).

A bass in the league of Fodera and the likes. A true high end bass.

Link to the old Warrior page : Dran Michael Warrior Bass - Hand Crafted Basses - Custom Bass Guitar - Boutique Bass

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles and under different lights to try to capture the real colour to see the real condition, which show only some little wear with a very few dings, crazy slapper scratches and other light scratches (no rear heavy marks or scratches), the most obvious mark being under the control cavity where the bass is left on a stand. The pickups are marked too, particularly the neck pickup under the E string as they were too close to the strings...

All the 46 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-efgenTb8UL6FvPLirgy9xZnCUKtiw0K?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By meterman
      In the summer I bought an excellent MIJ Squier Bullet Bass from Gareth of this very forum. And it really was excellent. It recorded beautifully and looked handsome, which always helps. But I ended up having difficulty playing it for long due to the state of my left shoulder, neck and back problems and this made me move towards something short scale and hollow bodied. I'd planned to sell the 34" scale Squier Bullet and buy a 30" scale hollow body bass, before emigrating on the 17th of December. I'd advertised the Bullet on here but it didn't sell so I was resigned to taking it with me but still getting another bass before I moved to France. And then maybe buying something online from Thoman.fr or Le Bon Coin once I'd moved.
      On the night of the 14th I googled 'Hofner Violin Bass' just out of curiosity and the search results threw up a load of results but at the top of the first page were a load of ads for Hofners, from Thomann, Absolute Music, Guitar Guitar etc. And among them was an Ignition series Hofner Violin Bass at a stupidly cheap price with 48hr delivery so I hit the buy-it-now button and hoped for the best. Me and my wife were fully occupied, still packing up boxes of our belongings for the move, so I didn't have much time to think about it but hoped it would arrive before we left for France.
      On the 16th I had a mate come down to Brighton to buy my old 1960's Philips organ. He's a pedal-steel player by trade but he's just got a studio space in north London and before he set off for Brighton he was looking for a bass on the Facebook marketplace in East Sussex. He hadn't found a bass but he did collect a Fender Twin from somehwere on the way. Then he got to our place and he saw the Bullet bass, picked it up, said "God, how light is this?!" and fell in love with it and we did a deal. While he was playing the Bullet, the doorbell rang, it was the courier guy with the Hofner Bass. When he handed me the box I thought it was an empty box, that's how light these things are. Even double boxed with bubblewrap it still felt empty. When I opened the boxes and got the Hofner bass out I was surprised at just how light it was. I don't have any scales so I didn't weigh it, but it's probably about the same as two packets of crisps or something daft like that. Big packets of crisps obviously, but you get my drift.
      Our move was being co-ordinated and handled by Douglas a.k.a. @Dad3353 and he knows a fair bit about Hofners so I handed it to him and he said, yeah they're all usually pretty light. Didn't have a lot of time to spare before the morning of the 17th so I boxed it back up ready for the move. I was sad to see the Bullet go but at least I knew I was going to a good home, and I did mates rates on it because I've known him for years and we'd done sessions together etc. All good.
      Anyhow we did the drive from Brighton to South of France (well @Dad3353 did, I just looked out the window and drank fizzy pop) and the day after we settled in I got the Hofner Violin Bass out, plugged it into a little practice amp and fell in love   - It's such a funky sounding little thing, super light, and has more bottom end than it looks like it should. Couldn't stop playing it, didn't want to put it down. The neck is so easy to get used to, and the pickups are great. It has more sustain than I was expecting but flats and a bit of foam at the bridge should sort that. The whole feel of it is superb for the money, I can fully recommend the Ignition series violin bass if anyone is thinking about one, they're ace. 
      I removed the guard as I prefer the look without one, and I couldn't get on with the roundwound strings that came with it though, so tried putting on a used set of Roto black nylon flats I had hanging about. But the E string was too big to fit into the tiny little guitar machine heads that the Hofner has. No problem, I've got a set of D'Addario Chrome flats that I'd had on my last Mustang bass, I'll just put them on. But no, the gauge is still too big for the tuners. Fergling little Bergstedts!!! 😡😆
      So I've ordered a set of Hofner Contemporary flats from Thomann. They haven't arrived yet so I'm still making do with the roundwounds, but once they arrive I'll get them straight on and record some clips. Meanwhile, here's the obligatory pics:

And because @Len_derby asked for a pic of it in the sunshine I took it out onto the balcony of our apartment and took a quick pic. It's not my best photo, but the sun was out and it was 14 degrees here. I was even wearing shorts but of course nobody wants to see that 😂 Anyway here's the bass in the sun:

If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, or can't quite make their mind up, all I can say is the one I got is brilliant. Wish I'd bought one years ago. If you see one at a decent price go for it 👍
    • By mrbassman_de
      Selling my legendary Steinberger graphite paddle bass, an XL2 from 1992.
      Condition is very good. Everything works fine. The neck is straight and the action could be set very low. The leg rest is the newer one. Frets are in very good shape and still have years of life on them.
      Original EMG pickups. This bass has the rare detuner on the E string. It works perfectly and could adjust the E string to a low D in a heartbeat. Just put a fresh set of GHS double ball end strings on it.
      The gigbag is not original I guess and is not the most reliable one. There are better ones available in the market - but it still does the job.
      These Steinbergers are perfect travel basses as they are not as sensitive against climate changes like its wooden sisters. Plus the size reduced to a minimum what a 34" could be.
      I am asking 2300 GBP or 2500 EUR plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany. This is the lowest price I can see anywhere in the web today. No trades please.
      Sorry for the poor pics - I had no better lighting available today. I will upgrade them as soon as possible.

• By Osiris
      Up for grabs is my 30.5" short scale Warwick Corvette. This bass has 24 frets and is equipped with 2 passive MEC pickups and is in excellent condition with just 4 tiny nicks that I can find all of which are on the back of the body, 2 of which are pictured but each one is no more than 3 mm long. The sale also includes the Warwick truss rod tool, not pictured. It currently has strap buttons fitted but I'll swap them back to the Warwick strap locks that came fitted when the bass was new.
      The tone of this is what you'd expect from a full scale Warwick, it doesn't have that inherent short scale tubbiness, it sound like its bigger brothers. The controls are volume, blend and individual tone controls for each pickup.
      I'm ideally looking for a straight sale, please, no trades. 
      Price includes postage within the UK and I'm happy for the buyer collect from Wellingborough (currently tier 3) or I'm willing to travel around an hour from Wellingborough for a socially distanced meet up in a Basschat style car park hand over.