Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 1212 favourite position

wazz

I was just wondering what position you favour for your Schroeder 1212 (or 1210 I guess).

Sometimes space restrictions means that the cabinet has to be on its side so do you have the port and horn down or up?

What difference do you think it makes either way?

cheers

W

Horn pointing up for me. I tried it in every configuration and this sounded best to my ears. Prefer this to having it in the "correct" position on a stand as i like my cabs to be on the stage floor (it lost low end and perceivable volume on the stand)

Jorg should put the Schroeder badge the right way up!

I also have mine on its side on very small stages, either my 1210R or 1212L
It does help you hear yourself a bit better although i have never had a problem in hearing myself, even when standing at the side of the cab
I do it just to make the footprint a bit smaller on small stages.
Actually i think i prefer my 1210R with the horn on the floor. I dont really like ot hear too much of the 10" driver.
With these cabs the sound you hear when standing up close isnt the same as the audience hears so you can have them any way you want without really affecting the out front tone.

Im also with Lemmywinks on not liking the loss of low end when the cab is elevated.
With both my bands i rely on my rig to get my sound out in the room, so not having PA support i have to run a bit louder than normal and these cabs can be very loud in the mid range, too loud sometimes.

At least, thats what i hear.

Edited by dave_bass5

This is how I have mine when I use it as a monitor

When I use it for my out front sound,I just anglethe stand slightly higher than vertical

This is from the end of last year before I sold the GK and bought the Shuttle. I have the Shuttle bolted to a bracket below the cab but haven't got round to taking any pics yet

Edited by Delberthot

I prefer it sat horizontal on the floor as I think I get better bass response that way.
I did have it on top of a lighting box for a while but I think it lacked something.

If it has to go on the side to save space I put the horn to the floor if I want the full bass output. If there are noise restrictions I put the horn to the top to cut the bass a bit.