SOLD mods please close - Squier 1983 JV Jazz (Japan)
£800
Cardiff

Marc S

Price drop: £770.

I need to thin the herd - especially as gigs are non-existent currently :(
Can't believe I'm doing this :o but as my Roadworn Jazz hasn't sold - I'm putting this superb JV Jazz up for sale. I only need one Jazz bass - as I usually gig one of my P basses (or my PJ)

I only took this bass in trade a short while ago, from a fellow BC member. It is in absolutely amazing condition for its' age - there's hardly a mark on it. Any slight dings are quite tricky to photograph. The Oly white has aged and yellowed very nicely :) Moreover, the bass feels and sounds absolutely amazing - it's the best sounding passive Jazz I've ever owned or even played. I put it through my main bands' PA some weeks back, and it blew me away. The neck just feels really comfortable to play too - slimmer than my Roadworn Jazz and either of the two US Jazzes I owned. Not perhaps as slim as a MIJ Reissue that I once recall playing.... It also just "feels" so silky smooth & comfortable....
Strung with Flats (which has become my penchant) - I can let you have the nearly brand new rounds that came with the bass

My only slight "issue" is that the bass weighs 4.5 Kg according to my digital scales (they seem accurate enough) - which is half a kilo more than my RW. That's not a huge difference, I know... except to my ageing shoulders ;)

I don't want to post this bass, so COLLECTION / MEET UP only - I've got a nice Bose battery powered PA and amp headphones so you can hear it. (once local lockdown in Cardiff is over!) No Trades Please - I'm only selling to thin the herd.

IMG_20200728_174206317.jpg

IMG_20200728_174227916.jpg

IMG_20200728_174244942.jpg

IMG_20200728_174303244.jpg

IMG_20200906_184052293.jpg

IMG_20200728_174336893.jpg

IMG_20200906_183922761.jpg

IMG_20200906_183615222.jpg

IMG_20200906_183634225.jpg

IMG_20200906_184018808.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying to my own thread here, to say we're in Local lockdown in South Wales, and it looks likely that we'll go into full lockdown in the very near future
So it may be difficult, nay impossible to hand this bass over to any prospective buyer in the coming fortnight or so - however, that's still my preferred method of delivery atm

sorry.... I don't mind posting a 2 or 300 quid instrument but not a classic like this one

Thanks Marc, there is one on here (for more than yours) which has been refinished and which is ash apparently but I think that is less usual than whatever the other woods they used were...but I may be wrong...its hard to tell from looking at the neck pocket but that might be the only way to tell short of stripping the finish etc...

Just putting this out there, I realise the marketplace is quite slow atm, and very understandably so....

In light of this, even though I previously said "No trades" - I've decided to add a possible one - if you have a Status, like the one he plays here in his video of Kirsty MacColl's "Walking Down Maddison" and "Days". (Or if you have something of very similar size / design / weight)

I know I also said "5 strings aren't for me" but I think I should maybe persist and have another go ;)  especially if it's something so neat & compact.
So if you've got a Status like Guy's (sorry I don't know the Model) or something really similar, I might consider a trade, obviously with cash your way, if it's as valuable as Guy's bass

EDIT: I also realise this is not something that's that much of a possibility! lol - I'm just putting it out there

Edited by Marc S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arnoldoc
      Selling my Atelier Z Jerry Barnes M265. Top of the line, hand made in Japan, 70s style bass from Atelier. Bought new a few weeks ago and in literally "as new" condition. Fantastic instrument and craftsmanship, but selling as I'm much more of a 60s pickup position / alder body guy. Easily nails the 70s super jazz, Marcus Miller type of tone. It has an upgraded electronics package (including a passive tone knob), adding additional versatility. 70s type of sound but without the huge weight! (pretty light for an ash 5 string). Currently setup with quite low action with no buzz at all.
      Jerry Barnes (Chic's bass player) signature model. 
      Specs:
      Neck : Maple with binding, 21 Frets
      Body : Ash
      Tuners : GOTOH 
      Bridge : Vintage-type
      Pickups : ATELIER Z JBZ-5
      Preamp : ATELIER Z EQ-M
      Control : F vol, R vol/switch A/P, Passive Tone, Stacked Bass/Trenble
      Colour : Vintage Natural gloss
      Gig Bag: Padded deluxe
      Sring spacing at bridge: 19mm
      Weight: 4.5kg
      Plenty of feedback:  

• By Arnoldoc
      Up for sale is my beautiful Moollon Jazz bass. It is in mint condition (I've photographed as best as possible the small nicks in the headstock; as it's a nitro finish like pre-CBS Fenders). Plenty of reviews in BassChat.
       Many Moollon reviews & videos online, but it's usually described as the best pre-CBS type jazz bass you can get in 5 strings. Jimmy Coppolo does great copies too but his equivalent model with nitro finish (Classic Supreme) will cost at least double. Very difficult to find and YJ currently has a backlog of 12-14 months as he builds everything by himself.
      No trades unless you have a similar specced Stenback.
      handmade body & neck, finished in multiple layers of super-thin nitrocellulose lacquer hand-wound VJ-60 pickups which capture the tone of an early 60's jazz bass handmade hardware to pre-CBS specs (higher nickel content). alder body V/V/T passive

• By Vic Bass
      Vic Bass aka Bassthumper. 
      Damn that BASSTHUMPER.mp4
    • By sblueplanet
      Eden Portable Bass Rig
      Eden WTX 264 amp head, rated at 250w. Comes with mains and bespoke carry case.
      Eden 1x12 cabinet, rated 300w @ 4ohm. Includes Roqsolid fitted cover. Excellent condition. Home use only. Collection required.
      Final price drop £350

• By Hazy Bass
      For sale is my 1982 Fender (Squier Series) Precision.
      I'm sure most people on here will know exactly what these are, but to summarise.  In April 1982 Fender Japan started manufacturing and selling replicas of the classic Fender guitars and basses from the 1960s and 1950s - the Japanese Vintage (JV) models. For the first few months the export models were branded 'Fender' and 'Squier Series' but they were quickly re-branded 'Squier' once Fender realised that they were undercutting their own USA built instruments with equal or arguably better quality models from Japan!
      This model is a replica of the legendary 1962 Precision  as played by James Jamerson - period correct down to the reverse tuners, grooved bridge saddles and cloth covered wiring
      All original to the best of my knowledge, and in great condition for the age - has a few marks & dings as to be expected (see photos). Neck date 26 June 1982, neck pocket label dated 7/82.  
      Set up with a fairly low action and flatwound strings (Labella 45 to 105 I think).
      This is a great example - plays superbly and sounds just like a P-bass should - the only reason I'm selling is I don't really get on with the extra neck width of the P-bass so it hardly ever gets played.
      Inspection and collection from West Sussex preferred - but will ship if required. Comes with basic but virtually new Gear4Music hard case.
      Sale only - no trades I'm afraid ... money needed for a new motorbike! 😁
      Any questions - just ask.